New Gyre

I'm disappointed the 280 is rated only 700gph more then the 250. Doesn't seem the size or price is worth it to me and I've been waiting for the bigger model to come out for a while.

However if they get these apex ready wirelessly then I'm in with getting the 280 and will probably nudge me to get the new apex too.

I'm disappointed the 280 is rated only 700gph more then the 250. Doesn't seem the size or price is worth it to me and I've been waiting for the bigger model to come out for a while.

However if they get these apex ready wirelessly then I'm in with getting the 280 and will probably nudge me to get the new apex too.

It's 3.2" wider though. That's really nice.

I'm thinking about just getting the 280 and keeping my 150 since the controller can control both.

How much bigger is the new controller?

The new controller is 3.5" x 5" x 1"

For an "Advanced" controller, it is lacking in user friendliness. I have one with two 230's. It's difficult to set the max flow for programs. I put mine on the OGC and set the max to be 40% and everything was fine until I went out to run some errands. I came back and all my sand was in the corner of the tank and both pumps were running at 100%. I'm sure I probably did something wrong or missed something, but seems if I set max speed to 40 on the program, it shouldn't allow the pumps to run at 100% at all.
I changed my program over to the random and set the max to 40. Everything seems to be holding well now. I will wait till someone comes out with better instructions than comes with the controller. Yes, I've seen the video by CoralVue and you can follow along in the video and sometimes when the say to press this to get that - It doesn't work.
holding with what I have for now.

The new controller is 3.5" x 5" x 1"

For an "Advanced" controller, it is lacking in user friendliness. I have one with two 230's. It's difficult to set the max flow for programs. I put mine on the OGC and set the max to be 40% and everything was fine until I went out to run some errands. I came back and all my sand was in the corner of the tank and both pumps were running at 100%. I'm sure I probably did something wrong or missed something, but seems if I set max speed to 40 on the program, it shouldn't allow the pumps to run at 100% at all.
I changed my program over to the random and set the max to 40. Everything seems to be holding well now. I will wait till someone comes out with better instructions than comes with the controller. Yes, I've seen the video by CoralVue and you can follow along in the video and sometimes when the say to press this to get that - It doesn't work.
holding with what I have for now.

That's concerning

That's concerning

It has amazing flow, so I wouldn't count it out right yet. I'm sure I just missed something in setup. Definitely needs some type of wireless controller to allow one to connect and use more than four buttons.

It has amazing flow, so I wouldn't count it out right yet. I'm sure I just missed something in setup. Definitely needs some type of wireless controller to allow one to connect and use more than four buttons.
So much this. The flow on the gyres are amazing. They simplify a lot for me even though I've done some pretty advanced programming with them. Like I've always been terrible at powerhead placement and getting to much flow in areas and not enough in many others.

With just two gyres (xf150's at 100% power) and my return (1400gph) my 180 is fully churning with tons of flow but not at all over powering ripping flesh off bone type like could happen with a powerhead.

Many tanks can handle a lot more flow then they have and the gyres are an easy way to add it with out being over powering.

Back