New LED light bar

I would like to see some more info as far as specific diodes used and colors but when i
look at the spectrums, individual reflector and they are not being over driven, I’m intrigued

I’m a sucker for the story too

I might have to try some

https://www.quantareef.com/quanta-pro

Ya, I saw those mentioned on Reefbuilders. Everyone is likely using off the shelf cree leds so you know the spectrum is going to be good, and these ones have more spectrum incorporated than the Reef Brite strips. These ones are even more under driven unless they are just using 1w leds. Reef bright 48" has 36 leds and 54W so 1.5W/led, these ones are 80 leds at 72W so less than a watt/led. I think they look like a good option for supplementary or even primary lighting. I've always thought Reef Brites are overpriced, so it's good to have some quality competition. I still don't unserstand why these companies don't incorporate dimming right off that bat, it's not even difficult.

I don't want to highjack this thread but this is the most recent thread I could find regarding LED lighting.
I am REALLY looking for some assistance trying to find the best lighting manufacturer for the money.
I enjoyed looking at that quantareef website but it is missing a lot of the technical specs I am looking for when trying to decide on making my purchase. I have been looking real hard at this site Aquaillumination - Unleash Your Tank's Full Potential in specific the Hydra 32. I am going to need two of them so I am still shopping around as I am thinking there has to be someone else in the market that isn't charging $350-400 for one light.

I am lighting a 100 gallon display roughly 6 feet wide by about 30" deep. I have the hated glass pane in the middle so I am really only looking to light the two sides. An LED I can mount roughly 8-12" above the water that will reach down to the bottom with at least enough PAR for some softies is what I am after with enough PAR up top to raise some SPS if I so desired.

My wife bought me a current USA for Christmas because she thought she was doing me a favor :-( They should advertise these lights are for fish only tanks! I have looked at the chinese black boxes on Amazon/Ebay and although I think I have found some manufacturers selling the right led set up none of them offer any type of a phased lighting i.e. morning to noon to mid day to evening which is important to me.

PLEASE link me to any good LED lights that you have found. I do not want to go back to my T5s as the ballast and bulbs are just too difficult for me to source these days.
Oh yeah the reason I wanted to start looking at the hydras was due to the fact that the one coral dealer I have found up here uses them to light his showroom and the colors are just amazing! Mushrooms

I don't want to highjack this thread but this is the most recent thread I could find regarding LED lighting.
I am REALLY looking for some assistance trying to find the best lighting manufacturer for the money.
I enjoyed looking at that quantareef website but it is missing a lot of the technical specs I am looking for when trying to decide on making my purchase. I have been looking real hard at this site Aquaillumination - Unleash Your Tank's Full Potential in specific the Hydra 32. I am going to need two of them so I am still shopping around as I am thinking there has to be someone else in the market that isn't charging $350-400 for one light.

I am lighting a 100 gallon display roughly 6 feet wide by about 30" deep. I have the hated glass pane in the middle so I am really only looking to light the two sides. An LED I can mount roughly 8-12" above the water that will reach down to the bottom with at least enough PAR for some softies is what I am after with enough PAR up top to raise some SPS if I so desired.

My wife bought me a current USA for Christmas because she thought she was doing me a favor :-( They should advertise these lights are for fish only tanks! I have looked at the chinese black boxes on Amazon/Ebay and although I think I have found some manufacturers selling the right led set up none of them offer any type of a phased lighting i.e. morning to noon to mid day to evening which is important to me.

PLEASE link me to any good LED lights that you have found. I do not want to go back to my T5s as the ballast and bulbs are just too difficult for me to source these days.
Oh yeah the reason I wanted to start looking at the hydras was due to the fact that the one coral dealer I have found up here uses them to light his showroom and the colors are just amazing! Mushrooms
To be honest the AI lights are about the best price for brand name lights that have the features and intensity you require. That pretty much leaves the Chinese lights if you want to keep the price down. I've heard decent things about these Nicrew lights but haven't personally used them. A controller needs to be purchased seperately

https://www.amazon.com/NICREW-Aquar...1651615954&sprefix=nicrew+led,aps,1092&sr=8-5

Many people like these SmatFarm lights. The advantage being the programmability is integrated.

https://www.amazon.com/SMATFARM-LED...651616473&sprefix=smatfarm+led,aps,355&sr=8-2

Ya, I saw those mentioned on Reefbuilders. Everyone is likely using off the shelf cree leds so you know the spectrum is going to be good, and these ones have more spectrum incorporated than the Reef Brite strips. These ones are even more under driven unless they are just using 1w leds. Reef bright 48" has 36 leds and 54W so 1.5W/led, these ones are 80 leds at 72W so less than a watt/led. I think they look like a good option for supplementary or even primary lighting. I've always thought Reef Brites are overpriced, so it's good to have some quality competition. I still don't unserstand why these companies don't incorporate dimming right off that bat, it's not even difficult.
Yes that is confusing, the dimming part.. Most of the drivers they use probably have a dimmable version of the constant current driver.
Some are more OEM though so you can't get one yourself.
substitutes as in Meanwells can get tricky.
Other strips are simple constant voltage so there are tons of add on dimmers.

Reef Brites went for spread more than par at depth.
120 degree angles.

Both are lightly driven.

Doubt if it's cree anything in either bar.

Quanta uses dual core (5W) chips and I believe less than 120 degree lenses so more err "punch"..

There are plenty of expensive LED lights that work just fine.
GHL Mitras
Radion gen5
Phillips Coral care
Neptune SKY
ATI Straton and to be released Straton PRO
AI Prime
Hydras
Reefi
ect.

Cheaper
Sbreef
Reefbreeders
and asst "Chinese based" lights

Probably missed a bunch..

Decide what you NEED and what you WANT..

Thank you everyone for the feedback and input!
I ended up going with the Hydra 32s. BRS had them 15% off so I took it as a sign from the God’s. I hadn’t seen anyone put them on sale before so I figured what the heck
They really did seem to have everything that I was looking for I just didn’t want to pay the price
From what I have read seen and heard they should be worth the money
I guess I will know soon enough 😁

Back