New Members and Introductions

my turn then

my turn then

my name is anthony and i just moved into the area bout 3 months ago, originally from fresno(cvr).I have 75 all glass oceanic with 5 fishes and a mixture of soft and hard corals, just really starting out in the hobby, and wanting to know more .so i'm open for any suggestions and how to to keep my wife from getting so mad becuz i spend so much money on the tank

friendorfoe - Welcome to the San Juaquin area and hope to see you at an NVR meeting or some of the local fish stores.

Would be interested in some pics of your tank...

On the latter question, I can't offer much help there as I'm trying to figure that out myself!

Scott

Hello,

My name is Ed. I live in Tracy California. I have been on and off with my reef tank for the past 5 years. I just completed setting up my 220 gal reef tank. But, Im still tweaking the type of equipments im putting in. Currently having problem with water parameters and setting up my reactor.

I also, just started setting a 50 gal reef, for my fiance. So so could put what ever we reject from the main tank.

I would like to be part of this NVR to learn more about this hobby from more experience reefer. Also to buy or trade corals and equipments.

Thanks,

Ed aka Drdoolittle

Welcome to NVR Ed! We have a meeting coming up next weekend the 24th, hopefully we can meet you then. Also there are a great bunch of reefers that live in tracy also.

Thanks Bryan,

Damn.. wrong timing for me. I really want to attend this meeting and meet everyone. But i think my fiance will kill me if I miss St Bernard's Wedding preperation counselling scheduled for that day. I already miss the last one.

But, i will definitely be on the next one. Thanks.

ED

Ed, if need help, just howler. There are a few of us here in TRacy that have a reef tank. I myself is in Tracy as well. Always welcome just to shoot the breeze.

jesus

Ed - Welcome aboard and just holler when you are free and we can hang en mass and trade reef keeping tips and tricks.

Scott

welcome aboard ED I live in Tracy as well always happy to help, I am learning as I go but I'm happy to assist any way I can.

(209)830-7266 (Jarrod)

By the way I stopped off at Carters and dumped about 30 cards for NVR there in hopes to save some more poor soles, a week later they were gone.

and so was the new LTA and Blue tang I rescued =)

Hi Scott, Jesus, and Jarrod,

I have heard good things from some fellow BAR member about some of you guys. I would like to someday meet all of you and see your set up. I am trying to take some note on peoples set up and tip on maintaining the tank. I am sure that i have lots to learn from all of you. If you guys need anything or want to do some trade, please feel free to contact me at 510-378-5957 or 209-835 8919.

Thanks,

Ed

was nice to meet you today Ed I love the tank can't wait to see it all grown in. You definitely have a ton of gear I'm interested in let me know what we can do to make that all work out.

Hi,
I'm Billy and I am full time student at Delta College to be an Network Technician. Yes, I will be going to 3 night classes in Tracy. Eck!

I started the saltwater hobby 1 1/2 years ago. I'm still learning, yeah, I killed all corals but 4 1.5 years old fishes are still happy swimming. I believe that the 20 gallon tank is harder to control due to chemical spikes, temps, and others. I wanted to upgrade to 90 gallon tank. I had been working on the list with help from Danny at Carter's. Before I spend $3k, I need your options on those lists.

Hi Billy. Good to see another Stocktonian reefer :)

I attended Delta College as well, and acutally worked there part time while going to school. I was working for Sal Vargas as a network tech - the last I heard he became an instructor there (was the former network admin). Is he still around that you know of? If so tell him Jacob says hi! Ok enough about me :D

20g is a little more tricky than say a 90, but experience plays a part too. You made a good decision to ask the club for input also (nothing against Danny - but you can't beat the combined experience of a reef club). I'll take a look at your 90g thread and give you my thoughts.

Welcome aboard, if possible I hope you can make the BBQ this month, or maybe a future meeting. (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=875515)

Ed,

It was great checking out your main tank last Sunday. Sweet setup. Let me know if those changes we talked about make sense.

Billy - Wow, $3K. Might want to get some advice from fellow reefers before dropping $3K on a 90 gallon tank.

PS Billy - Ed has a couple systems for sale so U might want to ask him what he wants for his...

Welcome aboard!

Scott

Hello,

My name is Lim. I live in Modesto and travel to Stockton. I'm from CVR and also wonder around here. I pretty much down graded to a JBJ 24 gallon nano about 3 months ago. I'm keeping things simple due to my hectic schedule.

Hi Lim. Glad to see you found your way over here. How's the business venture going?

p.s. If you register on our website you'll receive emails when NVR events are coming up etc... It's all free and no obligation: http://nvreefers.org/membership.php

Hope to see you at a future meeting.

Hi Lim,
I am always glad to hear that there are other nano tanks out there.
I have a 12 gallon which works best for me. I must confess I am a bit lazy with the upkeep but the tank continues to thrive. Welcome to NVR.

Sandra

Hey thanks a lot everyone. I feel warm and cozy. It's easier for me to attend events around here.

Sandra - Yes, im glad its only 24 gallons of water. It's also better than not having a tank. I just hate the heat.

Back