New Moray

Try small pieces of jumbo shrimp from the grocery store. He should go for that. I have a small Echidna polyzona, and he definitely prefers shrimp to scallop, but will eat both. I also just let him tell me when he's hungry by coming out of his rock, rather than trying to feed him daily.

Is he in your reef tank?

you asked several posts ago how much to feed. Smaller eels are growing so I would offer food daily, but not too much at a time. With juvie fishes, frequent, smaller feedings are advisable, IMO.

well, i have unfortunate news. i didnt seal up everything as well as i had thought and i've lost him. He slipped into my overflow overnight and went down through my plumbing and got caught in my skimmers pump. Thats the reason i hadnt seen him for a few days. Really bummed me out but a lesson learned I think. I will probably get another in the future but get one either a little bigger or if I get another small one I'll put him in my 20 gallon QT(that has no overflow and it much easier to seal all the way around) and keep him there until he gets some size.

Sorry for your lost. I glued 1/4 in netting over my overflow to keep mines out. I also covered the entire tank with 1/4 netting. Hopefully that keeps mines from getting out.

yeah, it really is a shame but i guess it is my own fault and a learning experience. really loved that little guy. I made sure he couldnt get out of the top to actually jump but it hadnt really even crossed my mind put netting over the overflow inlets to keep him out of there.

Back