New reefer in NY

jimjam35

Hey guys so I started up a used RSM 130D and am new to the hobby.... lots of questions and looking for info.....

Just wondering if there are any other reefers on Long Island who can help guide a newbie willing to learn and chat....

Hey what's up!
I'm kinda new to the hobby as well so much less knowledgeable than many here but I am on the island.
Welcome to the boards!

Yea I'm not too far from you.
I mainly go to either aquarium village in westbury or tropical island in deer park.
Deer park is a bit of a ride but he has beautiful stock and everything looks pristine. Definitely worth taking a ride out.

If you had technical questions I would ask them at deer park ( and on this board, lol!)
They are pretty knowledgeable.

Hey guys Im in Brooklyn and I use to come out to a reef store on Sunrise HWY called Total Aquarium in Lynbrook. Either they closed down or moved. Do you guys know a good Aquarium Store on the island not to far from Brooklyn whre I can buy coral, live rock and fish?...they had the best suff!!

Hey I started at aquarium village and seem to like them so far.....my mother in law just told me about total aquarium pretty sure it is still there.....other place I heard that’s really good is Aqua Hut but it’s in corum

Never been to total aquarium.
I'll have to check it out.
Brooklyn, can't help you out. I used to live there but wasn't in the hobby back then lol!

Aquarium village is little over priced imo

Nice store but little expensive
Tropical island in deer park is great. Nice corals and John owner is a great guy

Caribbean blue aquatics is nice too. Tony and ria are very knowledgeable and there prices are good too.

I live in Suffolk. Any direct questions you have you can always pm me

Always enjoy talking about corals. I am not a newbie but I am far from an expert too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back