Hi everyone I am new to the hobby and this forum.I am from New Jersey and purchased most of the setup from my LFS, Ocean Gallery II(livestock selection is great) except for the tank which I got on amazon. Aquarium has ben running for little over a month and fully cycled pretty quickly.Pictures will be posted. Here is my setup:
View attachment 308119
- Jbj picotope 3 gallon bowfront
- stock HOB filter (running filter pad, carbon, bio sponge)(40gph)
- stock 9 watt light 50/50
- Hydor pico powerhead (180gph)
- Aqueon 10W mini heater (tank temp is 78)
- live sand and 3.5lbs of live rock
- 2 turbo snails
- 1 astraea snail
- scarlet hermit
- blue legged hermit
- False Perc
- Have the powerhead adjusted to about half strength right now is this good cant seem to figure out when the power head flow is just right?(so including filter waterflow is around 40gph)
- I understand that the bio sponge is not necessary because the LR provides the bio filtration and from my research most people in this tank just run a filter pad for mechanical and chemi-pure elite for the chemical filtration. Should I run chemi-pure or what media?
- Aquascape suggestions? should i add more live rock in the back?
- My levels are all 0 based on my api test kit so i was planning on adding some corals this weekend. The light is only suited for Zoas and mushrooms and I don't plan on upgrading it for a while. Just looking for insight or possible species that would thrive in my tank.
- suggestions for other invertebrates/livestock I could eventually add to the system.(can i add a sexy shrimp to the tank)I understand I am pushing it by even having the small false perc in the tank so I don't plan on adding any more fish. My false perc seems very curious and happy.
- Final question for now is just looking for some help identifying 2 hitchhikers. One is some type of leather coral i believe and the other I think is a large fan worm. Question with this is mainly about the coral that came hidden on the LR. It has grown and opened up more since i placed the live rock in my tank. Can i sustain this type of coral with my current setup?
Answers to any of the above questions are greatly appreciated.Thank you and any help, advice, constructive criticism, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
View attachment 308119