New start on a Redsea 170 reef tank

Dragonvale

It’s been sometime since I had a display tank. Got the green light from the wife about 2 months ago for a display tank. What she didn’t know Is that I bought a tank two years ago waiting for a green light so it stayed in a buddies garage until then. Orphek was also purchased 2 years ago thinking a green light would be given sooner than later :lmao: Tank has been cycling close to a month and a half now but I did take some pics of the process. One thing I’m not looking forward to is dealing with the electric wirings and hiding them for a clean look.

Tried loading pics and they posted side ways. I’ll just post a link to a quick clip I did.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/XnJKePvJOVQ

Looking good! You clearly planned and executed your aquascaping nicely.

Sorry to hear about the negative events that significantly affected your collection of corals.

You can't keep a good reefer down. I look forward to more postings as your tank progresses.

Got some life along with some corals in the tank. Wanted to have a particular area with my torches and found it on this structure. I think this is the first time being a hobbyist and seeing what corals make the cut.

Attachments

• B1A47314-7E2A-418C-8633-EA93178E69F4.jpg
    B1A47314-7E2A-418C-8633-EA93178E69F4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 069F4A9B-32E7-4D8D-8C07-E84CEA244E23.jpg
    069F4A9B-32E7-4D8D-8C07-E84CEA244E23.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2
Nice torches Punchy! I have a purple torch that I enjoy very much. Do you feed yours anything?

Hey Ken. I used to target feed when I had the time but now I just feed the fish which pretty much turns into a broadcast feed.

I hear that.

Now that I'm down to just one fish (flame hawk), whom I "target feed" pellets, there's a lot less food going into my tank (compared to say, a cube of frozen whatever).

I alternate broadcast feeding my sps Brightwell coral food (powder) and target feeding my lps Brightwell LPS pellets.

I was reading that overfeeding is a major contributor to brown jelly for torches.

Back