New Tank on stand pic

speedstar

Just got the Tank onto the stand (still need to grout the bullnose on the stand). It is plumbed through the floor hopefully there will be no leaks. Should have water by the end of week waiting on seq pump.

tank.jpg

Wow, nice tank, be sure to take pics as you set it up and post them, it will be beautiful when you get it all done.

This is an older pic of the sump room; it is plumbed to a 180 in wall in the billiards room right now. I've since made some changes but not many. Gonna add another 100g stock tank to handle the back flow from the upstairs tank incase of power failure ( I dont like check valves).

sump.jpg

jm

Here is the basic plumbing it should turn over about 2000GPH when complete. There is no closed loop cause i'll be running tunze streams and control. The flex pipe in basement is only temp till the seq pump gets here. Just put it on so i could connect to a mag 18 and test for leaks. I'm a little concerned; the pvc cement really broke down the black bulkheads and the pvc pushed back out some. Hopefully in an hour i'll know if there are leaks or not. here two pics the second is sideways the cieling is to the right.

flow.jpg

flow2.jpg

Looks great. How tall is the stand? Did you say the tank was @ 30" high?

In your opinion, if on that tank, a center overflow/return was used and the tank was to be used as a room centerpiece seen from all sides, would there still be enough room to aquaspace the tank and not have it looked too cramped?

Thanks

I was originally going to go with the center overflow also. Looking at it now if you wanted to only bring rock up 10~14 inches it would be OK but any taller and it would most likely be to steep and topple. I'm real happy the tank builder talked me into going 3 side viewable. Looking foreward to aquascaping, but the RO/DI unit has a couple more day to get me the water.

The good news is I plumbed the returns right back to the overflows and am running about 1/3 the flow as I will but no leaks. I hope the joints hold under the higher pressure as I question a couple.

The tank is 30 Tall. Almost the exact measurements you want. The stand is about 20inches dont have a tape handy right now.
I am really happy with the way the ceramic tile turned out it is my first attempt ever at tile.

jm

Was gonna build a canopy and tile it but the weight would be too much to get on and off so I have decided to go with two of the maristars each with 2 250DE and t5's. Those will come eventually untill then i'm gonna build a hanging light box and retro fit 3 400w SE's in there a 10K and 2 20K's. This tan kwill be mostly SPS's the tank in wall is for softies and lps's.

jm

That is a very nice looking tank.
It seems you have thought everything out well.
I applaud that. :)

Nice setup, looks like AC/Heat control is on the wall just above the tank. I guess you'll have to move this? I would think that the heat escaping from the MH would play havic on the thermostat.

Great idea! Will definitely look like a piece of furniture and not a mad scientist experiment! Looks like you'll be utilizing all (except for one side) of the benefits of a cube. I'll be tagging along. Keep the pics coming :D

Back