new tank

deschlayer

I just got a 75G Oceanic so i will be working on getting that up and running :) just wanted to let people know cause I am wicked happy about it.. the stand is in ruff shape but "I think she'll buff out" I was wondering how I would drill a hole in the bottom? do I need to use something special

keep it wet & cool when drilling the bottom .. i believe a diamond whole saw would do best, but better do research

you can always take it to a glass/mirror shop & i'm sure they'll do it. (as long as the bottom isn't tempered)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9237484#post9237484 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wiszmaster
(as long as the bottom isn't tempered)

PLEASE MAKE SURE BOTTOM IS NOT TEMPERED!

on another note you keeping your 40 up still? I still have that other light fixture I had when you came by it is 2x65w PC you could add to what you bought from me for the 75. I will let it go cheap let me know if you are interested.

99.9999% chance the bottom is tempered. It is usually better to drill holes out the back. A hole on the bottom of anything that holds liquids runs the risk of draining the ENTIRE tank.

If you need a light for it, I have a 2 x 175 MH, 2 x 96PC by PFO Lighting.

Back