New to Tampa, not to reefing.

H2oGarden

Moved to Riverview about 4 months ago and am going to do a built in 60g Safire. Not really sure which direction to go with this. Should I go with paly/Zoa tank, lps, or a small SPS dominated tank.

Go check out Coral Corral if you want to see some species specific tanks and get some ideas. They have several displays. A big SPS tank, a big anemone and softy tank, a new 250 gallon euphylia tank, a shroom tank and a zoa tank. The zoa tank is really unique because the rock structure is branching so it has a slight look as a SPS tank, yet it's all easy to keep zoas.

My tank is mixed, but I've created zones using islands. One slanted wall like structure has encrusting corals with a euphylia at the base. A zoa garden island, an anemone island, two large SPS islands and some reef building LPS in the sand.

At the end of the day, it's your tank, for your enjoyment so it should be what you like.

Thanks for the responses. I think I like the idea of the island zones. Im going to get started on build this week. Have to start gathering equipment. Looking for a used sump and rock to start with.

Back