new to zoa's

splateee

Hello,

I just got my first zoa's a few weeks ago in a trade and need a little info please. I was told that they are Pink zoa's and was wondering if i have them in the right spot in the tank. Here is the setup.

90 gallon with the following light setup.

2 x 96watt 10k PC
2 x 36 watt Antinic PC
1 x 250 watt 14k metal halide.

Now i have them at the bottom of the tank in the corner. The metal halide is positioned in the middle section of the tank, so it really dosen't get the corners. should i move them so they get more light? The color of them are almost a purple/gray not really pink.

zoa2.jpg

zoa1.jpg

For some reason my camera seems to add a little yellow tinge to the pics.

Thank you

find out what they where under (lighting) in the tank before yours. ... you don't want to shock them by putting them to close to the light if they were in a low light tank before. good luck and enjoy your new addiction !

I have them right now where they get the least amount of light. I have noticed that the bigger ones are kind of extending up and not staying flat, as if they are trying to get more light. And yes it is becoming an addiction, i can't wait to get more :)

Thank you

keep them on the bottom but get them in more of a direct light. When the polyps start "stretching" that meens they need more light. Wait a couple weeks then move them up more if you want. Most zoanthids like a lot of light, but have to be acclimated to the light slowly.

Back