Newbie Questions

happyface888

I have a slimmer that has white patches that are on the center and it looks like the tissue is receding. This is my first sps,From what I have heard doesn't rtn start from the base?
Also if this is rtn how can I stop it or save the piece?

I have no fish that is nipping at it. And I do have one more question, say if I have a fish that did nip at it what would the sps look like? Would it also have white patches?

Happyface, RTN or STN may often start at the tips, but coral bleaching and death can start anywhere on the coral and rapidly consume the entire coral in days. Frag any dead areas if it continues over the next day and pray the remaining colony survives.

I see, so that means I am not dealing with rtn or stn since the white patches aren't on the tips. Its mainly on the center of the stick. So fraggin would be my best choice? And how long would it take for the white patch to consume my slimmer? Its been a week since its like that.

what fish do you have in the tank? what are your parameters.. calcium alk magnesium

how long have you had the coral and what lighting and position in the tank is it

I have a pair of ocellaris clowns, a sixline, a midas blenny, a yellow tail damsel. A flame Angel< does not touch any corals >
I have had that slimmer for about a month, this incident recently happened. It is sitting near the top of my rocks, low flow. I am using a 250w mh de. 14k bulb.

I will have to give you the par later I'm not at home atm.

Back