Newly added goby will only swim in the water column

BuckeyeFish

Tank is fully cycled and water chemistry is dialed in. I am in the process of getting my chemistry PhD, so I have been tracking the water chemistry like crazy. It's fun for me lol.

My new YWG will not chill out and keeps swimming in the water column and going for "rides" in the flow zone of my AI Nero 3. There is plenty of flow in the tank and water circulation. I am confident that oxygenation is not an issue.

He (Gerry is his name) looks healthy to me. I can attach a picture later, if needed.

Anyone ever see this type of behavior from a goby?

Tank is fully cycled and water chemistry is dialed in. I am in the process of getting my chemistry PhD, so I have been tracking the water chemistry like crazy. It's fun for me lol.

My new YWG will not chill out and keeps swimming in the water column and going for "rides" in the flow zone of my AI Nero 3. There is plenty of flow in the tank and water circulation. I am confident that oxygenation is not an issue.

He (Gerry is his name) looks healthy to me. I can attach a picture later, if needed.

Anyone ever see this type of behavior from a goby?
Maybe Gerry is bored. How big is the tank? Is there sand for him to burrow in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
My damsel has come out of hiding and is “patrolling” the rock work. Haven’t seen him chase the YWG though. I just want to see Gerry relax. I am worried he is tiring himself out!

Unfortunately, he jumped out last night. Think Damien spooked him
Sorry to hear it. It’s possible that the damsel wouldn’t let Gerry anywhere near the lone rock in the tank. I’d be sure to offer your next fish som more hiding places. Also, there are a lot of “jumpers” out there…I’ve lost a couple over the years as well.

RIP, Gerry

Thanks guys. Not too upset about it. I know I rushed by adding them in together in a newly cycled tank. As we all know, patience is a virtue in this hobby.

Back