No skimmer yet...

get a U tube over flow.. or do one yourself. Do not get or build a vacuum overflow. If you lose power and the pump dosn come back on you will have a huge mess on your hands. U tubes will always work after power comes back on.

TheDeparted didn't you say he didn't need a sump when I said he needed a better filtration system? Now you are talking about he should build a sump?

I'm going to check out a tank that is for sale today. he has a cpr overflow also 65$ and a sump/refuge 50$. I talked to him and he said after the live stock is sold and live rock is gone he will part the tank out.. doesn't want much for the live rock, he bought it from aqua planning the fish store in Naha. I'll let you know more. later on.. will also take pics..

AlexnLinda.. DO NOT GET THE CPR OVERFLOW!! it is a syphon overflow.. means you have to hook a powerhead with a venturi setup to it. If you lose power you will lose syphon, and if that powerhead dosnt come back on your sump pump will overflow your tank. Do a search for U tube overflows please.. you wont be disapoinited.

Definatly grab that live rock though.. Auqua Planning only sells Fiji live rock. It's $$$

bethnjeremy I think your idea of filtration and mine are two totally different things. A sump is not a filtration system. I dont have any crushed coral rock in mine. I do have a refugium and a skimmer though. I thought you were talking about a filter canister.. those are worthless if you dont maintain them constantly and change out the filters on a regular baises.

My tank is doing great with nothing but some good water flow a skimmer and a fuge.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11260063#post11260063 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheDeparted
AlexnLinda.. DO NOT GET THE CPR OVERFLOW!! it is a syphon overflow.. means you have to hook a powerhead with a venturi setup to it. If you lose power you will lose syphon, and if that powerhead dosnt come back on your sump pump will overflow your tank. Do a search for U tube overflows please.. you wont be disapoinited.

Definatly grab that live rock though.. Auqua Planning only sells Fiji live rock. It's $$$

bethnjeremy I think your idea of filtration and mine are two totally different things. A sump is not a filtration system. I dont have any crushed coral rock in mine. I do have a refugium and a skimmer though. I thought you were talking about a filter canister.. those are worthless if you dont maintain them constantly and change out the filters on a regular baises.

My tank is doing great with nothing but some good water flow a skimmer and a fuge.

i dont need a cpr overflow,,it was for wesminsmith. i didnt get the rocks either and he only wants 80 bucks for it all.. i'll be posting pics for him..

ahh good. I used to have a CPR overflow.. got rid of that thing pretty quickly. I had so many problems with it.. the nipple for the air syphon broke off once, got filled up with aleage once. thing was just a pain..

Hey guys, I got my skimmer in the mail the other day, I still have to go and get some filter floss for the media basket but its working great so far...thanks for all the help!

Back