Normal Behavior?

superman1013

I have a pair of Occ. clowns that are always swimming together day or night. Added a bta about 2.5 weeks ago, the smaller of the two started hosting in the anemone about 2 days ago. The larger one kinda stayed out. However yesterday the larger one started to host in it as well, but it is showing a little bit of aggressiveness toward the smaller one. Chasing it away from the anemone, the smaller one had to sneak in and kinda using the back of the anemone, behind the tentacles.

Is this normal? Will they play nice as the time goes on? anyone have the similar experience?

comletely normal.

It is now the home of the dominant fish. My little clarkii have a BTA in their home and the dominant fish won't let the smaller one in the anemone at all. Been like that for about 4 months. The little guy sure does try to sneak in though.

yea my larger of my 2 sebea clown nips at the smaller all the time becuase he don't want to share the saddle, it's funny cuase i have a sebea anemone 2' away and this anemone never get any attention from either of the pair...

the larger clown has actually chased the smaller into the top corner, violently attacking him... but he still doesn't have the sense to go to the other anemone... been that way since i added the saddle 4-5 months ago

it doesn't change their pair status at all. Just because they were swimming together doesn't mean they are a pair.

Back