North Dakota Reefers Meeting and BBQ

well im positive i cannot make it up there, we have to leave late sunday morning for the cities. :(

hopefully this can happen again soon so i can meet up with everybody.

Wow, work goes nuts and this.. I would LOVE to make it, but I'm basically home in time to take care of things, do laundry and back out of town. I personally am more for something in August but it really is dependant on this stupid work calendar..

Well I sure hope some make it up I have chicken in the fridge marinating, I'm going to stoke up my BBQ smoker and cook up some smoked marinaded chicken, smoked camp fire beans, will have fresh fruits and vegies too.
I've got lots of reading materials too if someone wants to look up anything.
hope to see you tomorrow.
PS.. Vishnu if Knowone shows up you better not eat all day because someones going to eat this food I prepared....LOL.
Ice.

Hehe. No worries Jim. Only problem is I stopped eating meat a few months ago due to health reasons....so some one has to eat that chicken...

I think we will have a great time tomorrow. I will post what happens tomorrow as a report here so all those who couldnt make it can read it and try and come next time.

Just want to thank everyone who could make it to the meeting today. We had a great time meeting and talking to everyone. Jim and Marty did an excellent job with the BBQ....not to mention his great SPS reef tank.
Something we talked about today.
- Have a meeting at least once a month during the summer months (May-Sept.) and once every two months in winter.
- Have a fragging workshop sometime.
- Have a photography workshop during next meeting.
- Have an Acrylic workshop during one meeting.

James will be posting some images from the meeting soon.
clear skies
Vishnu

Greetings friends, I am in Minot, ND now and i'm new to the saltwater hobby. I was hoping to make some friends up here and learn some more. Are you all still doing meetings and sharing info and all that good stuff?

We're Just starting to get meetings going again In the GF,Fargo area. if you want your more then welcome to PM me and I could let you in more on info.

I got a few guys here in Minot we are in the process of building and get things going. would be interested in seeing and meeting some individuals setups and all the good stuff

Of course there is activity in the RRV area ;) Most of the activity is on our local club forum though. If you want to check it out go to redrivervalleyreefers.com. We have been doing regular meetings and are planning a tank tour coming up in June. Dates are still TBD but it is going to happen toward the end of the month I think.

I think I am going to need to watch this one over here more often and make sure I can catch people ;)

I got a few guys here in Minot we are in the process of building and get things going. would be interested in seeing and meeting some individuals setups and all the good stuff

I have family up in Minot. I'd love to see the tanks up there next time we come up.

Back