Not new just haven’t been in it forever

65madreefer

Hey everyone it’s been a long time since I’ve been in the hobby, about 7 years. I recently got bit by the bug again after getting married. I have a 65 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump/fuge. It’s growing with bubble nems, Zoas and lps. I am going to upgrade my lighting to 2 viparspectra LEDs so I can keep sps as well. I used to keep pico and nano tanks and am setting up a 20 long zoa garden soon. Just wanted to reintroduce myself to the hobby and the forums after years of being gone and see what’s new in the hobby. Have a wonderful day folks

Welcome back! Be sure to post lots of pics! If not start a build thread! 😁

Just some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpeg
    IMG_0758.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0723.jpeg
    IMG_0723.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0693.jpeg
    IMG_0693.jpeg
    781.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Looks great. A bit of bubble algae but who doesn’t have that nowadays lol. I also like the feather duster clusters

Looks great. A bit of bubble algae but who doesn’t have that nowadays lol. I also like the feather duster clusters
Didn’t cycle it at all just took it down from my friends house and set it right back up added inert sand to the live sand to make a 3 inch bed instead of an inch and a half and added 40 pounds of rock and threw it all in . The bubble algae has 2 emerald crabs and a soon to be fox face to start managing it. Stocking list is two ora ocellaris clowns, a Pygmy angle, a tiny yellow goby and an azure damsel. Planning to add a fox face and a twin spot goby, and a couple of cardinals. It’s all lps softies and zoas with one monti super glued to the glass for flow and light until I get my viparspectra lights installed

Welcome back!! A quick way to eradicate bubble algae is to get a fine needle syringe and fill it with hydrogen peroxide and inject a very small bit in each bubble. It works great!

Welcome back!! A quick way to eradicate bubble algae is to get a fine needle syringe and fill it with hydrogen peroxide and inject a very small bit in each bubble. It works great!
Hey my friend, haven’t seen you in a while. Glad to see you posting.

Back