Nothing is cheep any more

brewtus

Just thought a little discussion on where our hobby is going , I get that nothing is cheap anymore but I feel like where are the good deals . Yes our fellow reefers are selling great corals at a great price but that's not always the direction we want to go in . I like to support my LFS because as much as I like coral, fish are just as nice . I read the latest news with the restrictions on fish and this will only drive prices higher. The beat way I can put it is the live good prices are jumping so fast I feel like it's pricing some of us out of the hobby. With this said I don't see more people getting into the hobby and many are leaving it .

Please comment... LIRA is a small group and I want to see it grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all that's going on & so many people struggling or out of work, hobbies, especially the more expensive ones become a luxury that then becomes a burden & has to go.

It is sad and unfortunate, I lost most of my sps in my tank relocation, and now I see how expensive they are it's a nightmare trying to reaquire what I lost, and now some hobbyist charge more than the vendors. I always found that the worst part, there used to be more trading and better deals from hobbyist which kept prices down, now Insee better deals during sales and price watching with the occasional hobbyist offering a good deal. It depresses me more when Ali think of how many colonies I lost in the move.

I wish more people would chime in , but we all do this for the enjoyment of the hobby, I was also at the point of shutting down my tank around the 3 year Point when I had a bad out break of algae. But I didn't give up , I battled it and this tank is by far the best one over the year . I hope we can get more reefers can get engage on this LIRA forum and keep posting I gave up on RC and MR I feel is LI reefs need to be a family amd help each other more , with Covid and busy lifestyle it's hard , we need to make a impact on this island to keep the industry going

Getting back into reefing.

My tank has been fish only for a few years now and got my lighting out of the box. bought a piece of live rock today (nice purple color) and ready to get some corals growing again soon.

Tim

Great to here Tim , glad you are getting back at it .. little bit of advice do t cheep put on equipment.. if you do you will probably end up buy it twice .. post pics of your tank here is mine ..
dda4c0813c5562c5ac10ab8b79a4cb2c.jpg

Back