Nuvo 15 Fusion -First Reef Tank

Lucid88

Hello all, starting a journal for my first reef tank. I started this tank in April 2023. I've had my fair share of ups and downs already but loving the challenge of the nano and saltwater tanks in general.

Equipment:
  • IM Nuvo 15 Gallon Fusion
  • InTank Media Basket
  • Jebao SLW-10
  • AI Prime 16HD
  • Generic Heater
  • MightyJet DC return pump
  • Kraken lid
Filtration:
  • Filter Floss
  • BRS Carbon
  • Maxspect Ceramic media balls
  • 5% weekly water changes ( failsafe )
  • 1x Mangrove
Salt:
  • Redsea blue bucket
Dosing:
  • 2x a week Reef Fuel
  • 2x a week All for Reef
Coral:
  • 2x Blastomussa
  • Long Tentacle Toadstool
  • Red Acan
  • 2x Ricordea mushrooms
  • Candy Cane
  • Duncan
Coral Food:
  • 2x a week Reef Roids ( slushy direct feeding )
CUC:
  • Astrea, bumblebee, trochus and cerith snails ( 6 total )
  • Fighting conch
  • Urchin

Future Plans: Toying around with the idea of getting a new light. My AI Prime has nothing but issues when it comes to connecting to the WiFi. I would like to add a fish down the line but haven't settled on what just yet. I will transfer to a bigger 60ish gallon peninsula tank with a sump once these corals outgrow this tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3374.jpeg
    IMG_3374.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It's a good pump. Almost too strong for a tank this small. I have it on the lowest setting. I am not utilizing the wireless capability so I can't comment about that
Good to know. I’m looking at getting SLWs for my tank. I have one of the gyres and unless I just don’t know how to use it, it’s meh at best.

I did a lot of research on fish and I think I settled on having a purple dottyback. It will be the only fish I house in this tank. I wouldn't mind a clown but I'm not a fan of having my hand attacked if I needed to do anything inside of the tank lol. I'm going to check some LFS around here for a dottyback this weekend. A side note , I have noticed a ton of these small snails popping out of nowhere. I believe they are called collonista snails?

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 41
New coral addition.... I may need some help with figuring out if this is a micromussa or favia ? Pictures are not great so it might be hard to tell lol

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpg
    IMG_2838.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Looks like Acan Lord, no? I don't know, all of these similar meat corals are tough.

Tank looks great! I started with the IM 15 as well, but within 6 months I had upgraded to the 25 lagoon. Now a year later I'm looking at a 40B. This hobby is crazy like that.

Your toadstool is going to be a real beaut. Any update pics of it?

Looks like Acan Lord, no? I don't know, all of these similar meat corals are tough.

Tank looks great! I started with the IM 15 as well, but within 6 months I had upgraded to the 25 lagoon. Now a year later I'm looking at a 40B. This hobby is crazy like that.

Your toadstool is going to be a real beaut. Any update pics of it?
I got a puppy a few months bank and I’ll admit that the tank kinda took the back seat. Looking at the pics here compared to now there has definitely been some growth . I’ll get a pic of the toadstool a little later today .

Im trying not to upsize because I know I won’t stop 😂. Do plan to move out of that 40b anytime soon ? I’d love to have a sump though so that might persuade me one day

Back