o2manyfish - 560g is up and corals are in

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Hey So Cal Peeps,

Big Thank you to those that came to help move the 560g into the house on Xmas eve. It's been exhausting, and it feels like I'm only half way done. But most of the corals are in the new tank and some of the fish.

The web cam has been moved to the opposite side of the room so you can see the new tank. Webcam is at o2manyfish.com ----

Video of the tank from this evening - https://youtu.be/DQfLAzE6C34

Hopefully the 400g will be ready to move out of the house this weekend.

Dave B

Last edited:
Happy to hear it worked out well! Continued success with the new setup. I like that is more open, but, I get that they need some where to hide/feel safe. Looking forward to some updates pics in a few months.

Update from me, the frags from your giveaway in November, are all doing well in my setup. Thanks [emoji120]

That's awesome! So sorry I couldn't help out, the timing wasn't in the cards for me or I would've been there.

good to hear you got it done. What are the dims of the old vs new tank that you have now?
also saw you did an online order with us yesterday. thanks. you still need a HYDROS lol.

good to hear you got it done. What are the dims of the old vs new tank that you have now?
also saw you did an online order with us yesterday. thanks. you still need a HYDROS lol.

Hey Richard,

400g tank was 96x33x29

560g tank is 120x30x36

Tank in the back yard that we hope to move into the house is currently 120x48x30. But I really want to replace the 1000+lb bottom glass panel with a PVC panel and then just replace the 2 end pieces and be at 120x60x30. I'd also like to find someone to build me a carbon fiber support frame for around the top.

Jake Adams saw one of my youtube videos this past weekend crying how much I hate the 36" depth of the new tank - Jake texted me a link to the Maxspect Coral Grippers and said - "Buy These" --- So I did :)

As for the Hydros system... I started building my own Siemens PLC Logo controller before COVID. I got pH, temp, ORP and need to finalize salinity and flow meters. But then COVID hit and just lots of crap came up. I pulled the Siemens stuff out to setup and get finalized so I could start moving the system over to a stable and reliable controller 2.5 months ago. But in the past 2.5 months we have had such a string of bad luck - We are lucky compared to most in that we have health, wealth, and great insurance - But we have just been dealt blow after blow --- leading up to noticing the tank seam just 11 days ago.

With the size of my system, and the size it's going - I need monitoring and control of 5 tanks in 3 locations, close to 30 parameters to monitor, and up to 15 flow sensors from 1/2" to 2" and over 100 outlets. I need to control 12v 24v 110v and 240v. And be able to have different control screens for each tank area - And integrate it into my Home Automation system. It's become obvious, prior to Hydros, that there isn't a controller on the market that's really capable of handling that kind of system (even if they advertised they can).

But Richard, you know, if you want to come setup the Hydros system to run side by side as the ultimate demo system... Bring it :)

Sorry it was a small order, I just needed the Tongs :)

Dave B

That seemed like a lot of work and effort... Everything is looking great! Hope your back is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back