o2manyfish -560g - Tank Update after Chemi-Clean

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Here is a new video, including some coral macros, shot on Nov 21,2021. Tank is looking pretty good. After dosing with Chemi-clean the cyano vanished and corals looked good. Started dosing nitrates to balance out the .05 Nitrates to the 1.5 phosphates.

Since starting the nitrate dosing the glass is now greening over in about 8 hrs. Hoping this balances out soon cause I'm getting tennis elbow having to wipe the front glass 2x a day.

Some people warned that some corals wouldn't like the dosing of the nitrates. On the first day (double dose) the giant green sinularia was closed up, since then it seems happy. But one of 3 healthy gorgonians has closed up since the dosing started.

The new joculator angel from Eric at Amoung the Reef is doing awesome. He's fat as can be. I can't say enough for how well Amoung the Reef conditioned that fish. He went in and was right at home and eating and has only gotten wider in the last few weeks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bi1mBRQg-3o" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow Dave! The diversity in that tank is mind blowing. Time for a visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwizzle,

I normally change about 200g once a year when cleaning the sump (Total system volume is 1500g). But I recently did (2) 150g water changes after a round of chemi-clean.

Dave B

Hey Scott, Garrick and George,

Thank you! It's got all kinds of stuff going on in it.

Scott, the last time you were here I had just gotten that Jason Fox Yellow Tip Tort frag you wanted a piece of - Now it's the giant colony at the top of the tank! Easy peezy to get you a frag.

Art, You are always welcome to visit. That big stag on top of the rock spire in the center of the tank is part of your purple stag colony. It doesn't like tank life and hasn't done much since I put it in the 560g. However, there is another broken finger size piece that went outside into the sun and it's a gorgeous blue multi branched piece- And each branch is like the thickness of a carrot. It's about 12" long and 8-10" tall branches with crazy colors. When Tony Vargas visited a few month ago he was just drueling over the stag and said he had never seen anything like it - That's a hell of a compliment for your stag :)

Dave B

Hi dave ,
I have not even tried any sps in the tank since having the house tented and had to set it up again . Not sure if it is even ready for any

It's a beefy stag, the base of what's left of mine is a solid inch in diameter. It does get a nice color under high light. I'll hit you up for a visit soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back