o2manyfish - Something new... Need some muscle help in July

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
New tank design has been approved and it's off to production. Tank should be here in July!

Already made arrangements for a crane to lift it off the truck and over the house. With a few hydraulic carts it shouldn't take that much muscle to push this on top of a new stand being built.

Dave B

2022-05-10 16.05.27.jpg

Toutle, That Craigslist posting is mine... LOL - We bought that tank a few years ago, but decided that glass is just too much risk of a seam busting.

Dave B

Whiner2,

This tank is going along a wall and the right end of the tank is open to a set of tri-fold doors that open to the back yard. When the doors are opened the 4' end of the tank will be viewable from the back yard. So I didn't want overflow right there in the view.

I also think that in aquascaping a tank for it too look most natural, things can't be in balance. Things have to be offset an unequal. Moving the box off center does this. In my mind the right side of the tank will have a really large island structure. The left side of the tank will have a small free standing island. This will leave a channel from the front of the tank to the back. The channel will be off center and at an angle. This way the channel doesn't lead the eye directly to the overflow in the dead center of the tank -- At least that's the theory.... We will see once the rock goes in.

Also the whole back wall of the tank will be clad in slab rock - so it should make the overflow dissappear altogether.

Dave B

Well thought out + tried and true design (no ghost this or that) = winner

Looks to be acrylic? whos making it?

Well thought out + tried and true design (no ghost this or that) = winner

Looks to be acrylic? whos making it?
This aquarium is being built by Titan Aquatic Exhibits - This is a tiny project compared to what they usually are building.

Dave B

Back