October 2010 Tank of the Month

Dejavu

ReefKeeping Mag staff
Team RC
This month we are featuring the beautiful 363 gallon SPS reef aquarium of Luca Girlando's (lucasabao).

fts_lg-2.jpg

More details can be found here.

Congratulations, Luca!

Also check out Reefkeeping blog!

Inspiring tank!!! Truly amazing colors and love the collection of fish you have there.

Have you had any issues with the Regal and Emperor Angel nipping corals/clams?

Congrats on the TOTM!

Congratulations, what an awesome tank you have. Its the first big sps tank me see with just LED lighting. It shows they work and give very nice colour. How is the growth under the LED?

Great looking reef. SPS is the direction I am going to go with my new 180. I have LED's on my current tank and have great growth on LPS. I am going the the same on the 180. I am incouraged with the growth you have with them.

Very impressive and beautiful tank!!
Truley inspiring! :beer::beer::beer:
thank you mate :)
Congratulations, what an awesome tank you have. Its the first big sps tank me see with just LED lighting. It shows they work and give very nice colour. How is the growth under the LED?

Great looking reef. SPS is the direction I am going to go with my new 180. I have LED's on my current tank and have great growth on LPS. I am going the the same on the 180. I am incouraged with the growth you have with them.

thank you guys, in fact it was a gamble changing over to led (obviousy i've triied before a section of the tank) but i'm very satisfied with the results: the corals seem to like the light, polyp extention is great and the growing rate is very good.
Regarding the colors.....well, they are ok but i think there is a lot of work to do for me finding out the correct lenght and intensity of lighting in order to reach the same colors i used to have with MH ;)

Luca. Congratulations.
Another beautiful tank from Italy.

One question:
How old is this tank?
Sorry if I misread it.

Last edited:
Back