October 2017-Reefer of the Month-hkgar!

Very nice system! And I really like the Atlantic Blue... the true blue tang in my opinion. I feel these are an underappreciated tang but they are absolutely beautiful.

I see you are close to me, here in Michigan! Great to see fellow MI reef keepers.

Thank you. I do enjoy the Atlantic Blue, but wonder if your comments are for my Purple Tang which is the fish in the last picture. There is a picture (fourth picture) of the Atlantic but he doesn't have the bright yellow tail.

Where in Michigan are you?

Thank you. I do enjoy the Atlantic Blue, but wonder if your comments are for my Purple Tang which is the fish in the last picture. There is a picture (fourth picture) of the Atlantic but he doesn't have the bright yellow tail.

Where in Michigan are you?

Nah, the purple tangs are pretty common so I'm not a huge fan actually. It's the Atlantic blue I like. Especially seeing them in the wild, they are incredible. Yours looks like it's pretty darn big too!

I'm in Plymouth so not too far away.

Congrats on the. Reefer of the month , your tank looks beautiful.. i seen you have a red montipora, i have a few and my big cluster is starting to turn white and looks like it diving . Would you have any suggestions ?

Congrats on the. Reefer of the month , your tank looks beautiful.. i seen you have a red montipora, i have a few and my big cluster is starting to turn white and looks like it diving . Would you have any suggestions ?

Welcome to Reef Central. How long have you been reefing?

There are so many possibilities. Check out the SPS forum on this site and raise your question there.
Nutrient levels
Tank age
water parameters
lights
etc, etc

Back