October's Club Meeting

romanr

We are planning on having a great meeting this month(Oct) with an enhanced raffle which will include club t-shirts, MACNA memorabilia/t-shirts, Coral Frags, Chemicals and lots more. You won't want to miss a chance at winning some really cool stuff. We are also planning to have a great presentation/workshop to keep your saltwater skills razor sharp. As always, there will be refreshments and an opportunity to enjoy one of the great aquariums in our area. Come right back to this spot for more information.

When I was doing the host signup sheet I volunteered for October. The committee had discussed it and planned a little bit of a different meeting than normal. That offer still stands.

BTW - Jim Fitzpatrick had volunteered for December.

Ron

Ron that would be wonderful if you can host Oct. You have a great place for entertaining.

Dec should be a great Christmas meeting @ Jim's.

I'll be at both. Thanks Ron & Jim for hosting. Jim

P.S. It may be easier for the hosts if they didn't have to put out a spread for each meeting. If we just offered soda etc, it would be less effort on their part & they could just concentrate on the reef issues. Ths may encourage more volunteers. Just a thought.

There is no expectation to put out a big spread. The club will contribute $20 towards any refreshments and each attendee is encouraged to bring something light (chips, cookies, etc.).

Can you give me some more information about membership and the club in general? I checked the FB site but if it is there I can't find it!! Thanks!

The club is fairly new and we do have memberships for $15 at this time since they will only be good till Dec 31st. The membership entitles you to a 10% discount @ Tanks a Lot and you also get a free raffle ticket at every month's meeting. So if you plan on spending a hundred bucks at Tanks a Lot in the next couple of months you will pay for your membership alone with the TAL discount. Your membership also helps the club advertise itself, provide raffle items, etc. Next year the club will be sponsoring more functions and hopes to bring in a few more sponsors who will also offer discounts. Contact me @ raulroman@cox.net for more information.

This month's meeting will be held @ Ron Denoia's house. Ron has a beautiful home on a horse farm and an incredible 180 gallon reef tank. The meeting will be held on October 24 at 3pm. We will be having a raffle with some great items. Please let us know if you are coming by posting so here or on the club's facebook page. There will be an event you can RSVP to attend listed on our facebook page.

I will be out of town. I hope to be able to attend the November meeting. Looking forward to meeting some local reefers in the near future.

-Ed

Have the same reply as Ed!! Will be away for this months meeting - out fishing on the Gulf so it's worth missing it, but would love to make Novembers.

Thank you Ron for having us over at your home for our meeting on Sunday. Everyone that attended enjoyed your tank and hospitality. Bill's food presentation and his Q & A session afterward was excellent. There were some great raffle items and I think that just about everyone that attended went home with something. Look for an announcement about our next meeting to be coming out later this week. Hope you can join us for that one.

Good meeting & presentation by Bill. Ron was a great host and his tank is a great example in design and maintainance. Jim

Back