Odd Request

dvmsn

If you have any bristleworms, reproducing snails or star fish that you can easily get a hold of, please bring them to the meeting.

You still looking for any of this stuff? Ive been needing to replace my snail population at the office tank. In the mean time Ive had a HUGE star outburst, as their food source is abundant :D

I could dig some sand out of the fuge too. Ive got tons of worms and pods down there. I guess a handful of chaeto would be pretty plentiful with microfauna as well.

Ive got ishtons of FDs. The problem is, that tank has a little bit of a cyano problem on the SB. If I were to scoop up the FDs, Im sure Id take some cyano with them, and I guess it would be a risk to put the sand that comes along with them in your tank.

Me personally, Id take them if I were putting them into an established tank with good water quality and flow. I know a lot of people are a lot more careful about what they bring into their tank though. I guess you could QT them without light too, but IDK if its worth it.

The stars are so abundant, Ive got some on the front glass at all times. Actually I just went and looked, and counted 30 or more of them. I would be happy to snatch them off whenever you came by. If you can get by during our business hours (8 to 4, not lawyer hours, lol) any day is good. If you need to come by after work (Im usually here til 5 anyway), Im usually here late on wednesdays (for RC race night, which you should come check out :D), or I can meet you down here some other time thats convenient for both of us.

Our office is just north of 707 off the bypass. Coming from the south, you make the first right after passing the back gate, and we are a couple of hundred yards down on the left.

Maybe I will come tomorrow. Garrett would get a kick out of RC night. Will you still be there around 6?

Haha, Yeah we usually start practicing between 4 and 5, but racing really only starts at 6 :D

Actually we are usually here til after 8, and even close to 9 some nights....

you should have stayed for the last race. it was intense. i almost held landon off for the win. i gave it away in the last 45 sec. oh well always next week.

I have been looking at these things since I got home. What is Mr02 Mr03 Mr15 etc. And also is kyosho the only company that makes these?

kyosho is the only one worth getting. mr03 is the new one that just came out. none of us have them yet. i have ordered 2 but none in hand. all you mentioned are 2wd. its hard for me to explain the differences, it would be best to show you. you should come out another night and try your hands at it again.

Or, if youve got some time right after work some other day you could stop by. Coming to check it out on a race night is a little tense, unless you get there closer to four. With the CPU problems I had last night it made it worse, but there really isnt a lot of time to show you anything.

Ive got a couple of cars that would be perfect for you to try out too, so you can have a little more wheel time, and see what its all about.

I hope some of that stuff makes it you your tank. Sorry about the messy-ness of mine, but atleast its crawling with micro life :D

And its enjoyable with your kids :D

Oh, and also, compared to some of the other hobbies Ive had, the cost isnt reoocuring unless you want it to be. Once you get the needed equipment, the running cost (tires, batteries, etc.) is very low. If you go buck wild like Chad and get every new piece of tuning gear that ever comes out, it can get a little pricey, but still far less than reefing, or any other hobby Ive had.

Landon, do you have a tank at your office? What kind of business is it? The reason I ask is: I believe I was there working on a Dell PC at the front desk, I believe I was talking to your mother about the tank and she said I should talk to you if I had any questions. Well when I got done I couldn't find you I think you were busy out back. I could be wrong tho but I think it was back in the spring when I was just spring when I was just starting out my tank.

Its CFI, and it sounds like you were definitely here :D

Hopefully you werent disgusted with the tank :D With the lack of fish store support down here at the south end, my interest has kind of falling off on keeping that tank up. I need to get some snails, but never have time to get all the way up to Bruce's.

Who do you work for, that you were here working on one of our Dells?

Back