ok I paid a LOT of mony for this one. did I get ripped off?

five.five-six

sorry if the photo is not all that good. I will see if I can take a better one

img9486ux8.jpg

here is a closeup

here is a closeup

sorry it may be hard to see because my stupid purple tang is in the way.. he thinks he is being fed...dork

img9484iq8.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10636750#post10636750 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
The Bennett Tort is the Cali Tort.

le me get this straight, the cali tort is just a different name for the Bennet tort?? anyone know the twenty syllable name for this coral?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10649581#post10649581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by five.five-six
le me get this straight, the cali tort is just a different name for the Bennet tort??
Yep. Here is a website with a breif history of the Cali Tort. Cali Tort history

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10622733#post10622733 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by five.five-six
well the guy said it was a cali tort but I think it is a benet and i paid over $100 for it

img9488th4.jpg

well whatever it is it is growing like nuts...this is like 6 weeks later and i can barely fit it in the camera

img0009bi2.jpg

can anyone identify this,, someone said they thought it was a galaxia

img0007mo3.jpg

it was a good deal ! 100 bucks for an Acropora tortuosa like that!!
I did pay 80$ for less than an inch 2 years ago,but it's an awesome coral

thanks, it is the pride of my tank. I recently got a browned out 1/2" Oregon... in the same sort of price range... I have high hopes for that one :)

they are still going for $65/inch. I paid more than 100 but less than 200

any ideas in the ID of fuzzy thing in the center of the big picture? I have a closeup lens coming, I will **** it off so you can see the structure and take a picture in focus next week

I have no idea, I got this rock from a very healthy established tank that belonged to a guy that was leaving the hobby due to a move. there are no less than 4 "surprise" stony corrals that have pooped up in the last 2 months. including 3 examples of the fuzzy one in the center the encrusting coral just to the right, 2 other encrusting corals and what I am pretty sure is a tricolor

in this photo, just to the right of the tortuosa frag

img9497ch8.jpg

here is a closeup of it

img9490fp7.jpg

and another photo

img9471ta8.jpg

top down... sorry about the fidelity

img9475ql8.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10844830#post10844830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JackKerouac
that's a cool surpice :)
they are really too small to be id...doesn't zoas bother the Acro?

these photos are frome about a month ago, I was worried about the zoas encroching on the sps. those lil buggers are hard to scrape off, they suck back in to little holes in the rock when you go after them. in the first photo, you can seee my post scrapeing, there are 2 left, but the sps has about doubled in size since the photo was taken and has far outpased the zoas

I have a lens/filter/macro kit for my P&S camera on the way. I think my first project will be to chronical that entire rock. there is a litle blue stony (could be a blue ora) croping up under my birdsnest. I think I will need to cut it off and move it as it is about to run into the birdsnest

in this photo it is at the botom in the middle and looks white

img7903br7.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10844830#post10844830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JackKerouac
that's a cool surpice :)
they are really too small to be id...doesn't zoas bother the Acro?

ok that pic was taken on 8/23 here is one today.. I think it kicked the zoas ars in a month :)

img0051ml2.jpg

here is a skelital photo of what i was told was a galaxia, but you thought may have been a birdsnest sorry sort of dark

img0056rm2.jpg

Back