Ok PUFFER, you finally got me to try VITAC- powder

650-IS350

After my recent tank crash and losing roughly 95-98 % of ALL my polyps ( ZOAS/PALYS/PROTOPALYS/NEOZOANTHIDS/GRANDIS ) ETC.

I'll try to use this on my dedicated 20gal just for polyps.

I only have my Nuc's/PD's/PPEs and some bad looking mohawks tyrying to hold on left. Thousands of $$$$$$$$$ worth of colonies, frags and some polyps not heard of, seen or talked about gone down the drain.

So since I'm pretty much starting over, I'll have this handy.

You got me PUFF. I'm about the VITA-C powder train. LOL
All aboard

:lol:

Charles-

Last edited:
LOL, I have nothing to lose ( LITERALLY ) just a couple of polyps here and there barely struggling to make it.

Seriously, out of hundreds of polyps, If I can find 1 or 2 that is still identifiable as a polyp I will.

But folks know me here, Hopefully if things work. My word can carry far enough

I read you VITA-C thread but just keep behind in the shadows. (LOL ) but I like to see progress and new things which I see in VITA-C. I'm still worried of LONGGGGGGGG term effects which is why I'll do it on my frag tank not my new 37cube that is now almost fully stocked. But if it works, I intend to create a JR. MUCHOREEF zoa tank. LOL

I know a year isn't that long in the scope of things but I've been dosing for about 18 months now & at much higher doses than usually recommended for maintence. I just invested in a Rhizo for my DT & I have faith that the VC will not harm this very $$$ coral.

Hope you kept the rocks all your zoas were on still alive.

From what I have read VC has helped many very bad off zoas make a complete rebound. Would be nice for some of your long lost zoas to mysteriously come back from the dead.

Its a long shot, but worth keeping fingers crossed for.....

Any clue what caused your meltdown?? Dont think I recall reading about it....

dang im sorry to hear that your zoas died. mine arent doing so well either. could it be our water in our area?
im about to start dosing vit c again.
i have zoas that close up on me and never open up again. but they arent melting.

Puffer will vit c help open them up maybe.
some been closed for months.

I was taking down my 100 to bring down stairs and have it as a temp tank to hold corals till the 37 cube is brought upstairs and the 20gal frag turned into a zoa dedicated tank.

When I was scooping out the 3+yrs old sand, I believe it released a lot of old nutrients and stuff. I didn't have enough water to reput in the tank once it was clean of everything, so I had to use some of the water that I took out of the 100. It most likely cause a immediate cycle in the tank.

I guess when I added some of that water in to the rebuilt tank downstairs it just made it worst. I lost 85% of all my SPS and LPS. The most expensive and LE's all went to my friends tank. 90% of those survived. As for the zoa's, I placed them all in the 20gal. But I guess it was too late it already it already started and got on all the zoa's. 1 by 1 colonies , frags, single polyps all wasted within days. SPS all gone with in 1 day, softball sized SPS all turned to white skeleton. Thousands down the drain.

I've already started my collection. I got some Blue with yellow Aliens and some really nice rainbow type polyps that just came in. intresting morph. Then I just recieved some corals from FraggleReef and they included some free polyps ( another intresting morph) that I never had yet.
Today will be picking up from Jokers from my friend NUUZE. Probably a Setosa as well.

Back