ok up date to/ Do I have the gear foe reef

2swift

I am adding a few toy's to my tank and want input on my choices bad or good don't hold back I only want to do this ounce for this tank lol
I am still shopping for my refuguim and skimmer any advice on bang for the buck

if i'm reading this right, you have 12 or 24 lbs of LR, but either way thats not going to be enough for a reef. For a reef you probably want to aim for the 75lb mark for a 55. maybe even a little more. Also you will regret those damsels. They are a pain. See if you can take them back for store credit and get some more LR.

sorry got in a hurry heres the info

JBJ-SP-2500 JBJ DUAL OUTPUT SUBMERSIBLE POWERHEAD 530GPH 2
C-ARAG-L-FP Carib-Sea ARAG-ALIVE FIJI PINK 1-2MM 20lb Bag 3
REFRACT-HD Sybon HD Refractometer - FG100sa 1
MAG950 MagDrive 950gph Water Pump 1
PR-RO50 Premium Reef 50gpd 3 Stage RO Unit
PROBE-GROUND Rid-Volt Grounding Probe

sorry did it again we got another 16 lbs today puting us at 34 lbs and plan on another 30 -40
plus started cleup crew 6 blue hermits and 4 turbos

Add more live rock as creep said.
yep, no bio wheels on the filters, good choice.
I have a skimmer rated way high for my 55, I think it was a good choice and you will more than likely get the same opinion from others. You will get all different opinions on skimmers, just research and go with the one you feel comfortable with.
don't do bio balls in the sump for the same reason as the bio wheels on the filter.
Get very good quality test kits! You will thank yourself in the long run.

OH yea, forgot to say.... get rid of the damsels, read many, many other posts for reason.

That's old info on the damsels traped them 3 day's ago with a 2 liter how funny is that!

Back