Okinawa Inbound

MagikSurfman

Making the Jump over to Oki in Aug, most likely gonna be on Kadena, trying to get the down low on the the reefing scene not sure if they're are many folks from there on here not a very active forum section, maybe this is just a secrete squirrel gang :D

Bringing over all my equipment from my 90 gonna be in the market for a tank
also bringing over a standard 10 i plan on turning into a nano
this one is going to my little brother but its pretty much gonna look like it the build is still in progress

Welcome to Okinawa

Welcome to Okinawa

Well Okinawa is Salt water Reef tank Heaven, I have been here since 2008 and will be retiring next year Aug 2013. I love it here becouse of the water. I have had a salt water tank since 2009 and find most of my stuff from the ocean. You will find it's easy to get fish and Coral here. either out of the ocean or from local stores, I stay away from a few though becouse of disease. I know of a few places to get Corals from, a local distributer and at a decent price. As far as equipment, I buy everything from online it is way cheaper, especially with the yen rate. Let me know if you want help setting up you can get all your Live sand and rock from the beaches and find Rocks that have coralline all over them, no need to wait, and it cuts down on the transition time. That's I nice tank you have they are shipping it with no problems? I have a 55 G here that I bought from the BX but would like to get a much bigger one but the prices are outrageous. I may try to build my own acrylic one, or wait untill I get back to states. but I'm looking for an acrylic supplier that cuts it for you. Let me know if you need help setting up and finding all the stores etc. My email is Jasonmcguire8404@yahoo.com. and my cell is 08033948264
Jason

Congrats on your retirement and yeah I'll be dropping you a line once I get there TIA not sure the pricing on getting. Precut acrylic but I think rid out plastics can do it I've had them cut some pieces of acrylic for me for a sump I built a buddy of mine ...

Movers have come and taken all of my Stuff left me with only cleaning supplies and a pair of inflatable mattresses...

The second standard 10 came out ok rushed and definitely looks homemade but not bad.

a6935816-59e2-d8cb.jpg

a6935816-59f0-cfc4.jpg

a6935816-5a0a-5b31.jpg

Sorry bout the small pics, No computer right now

Sent from my phone >may my Inglesh and fat fingers be forgiven

I'm in OKI! Been here since aug 3 still don't have any of my stuff but it's set to get here on the 10 and my ADA tank is set to arrive some time next week! Woot!
Woot!
So far I've found the makeman store and the petbox in American village and I've been to a few beaches up the coast.
Still have a lot of work to do on reading and speaking Japanese,

Anyone know of any LfS to go check out for saltwater livestock/supplies also who do you guys go thu for online shopping?

Im near Kadena gate 1 btw I it helps.

welcome to Okinawa magiksurfman. I dont visit the forum as much since most of the guys left. But concerning your question about online shopping.
We all order from the States. MarineDepot, Premium Aquatics and such. Everything over here is very expensive. you said you are located outside Kadena gate #1? if thats the case I am located outside Kadena gate#1.
We can meet up if you like.

Cool, good to know probably gonna be making a few orders soon. Im located just inside gate 1 but I pretty much visit the seawall/marina Like every other day. Its a good place to tire out my kids and to keep them entertained as well as me:). Sure we can meet up just let me know when its a good time. Still waiting on the wife's schedule to be solid before I busy up mine.

I wondered why this OKI gang was so underground I think I know now.... sorry Reef Central looks like no build thread after all. See ya folks when I hit the states.

Back