Old Tank Syndrome?

I have a 25 year old marine tank (75 gallon) that looks worse today than it ever has. I have either Dinos (Dinoflagellates) or Diatoms, a rust-colored algae for at least 6 months. I run Chemi-pure Blue in my canister filter and I run high density GFO (3 oz) in a reactor. I dosed a bottle of Vibrant and that did not help. I have been dosing 4 mL of NoPoX every day for the last 4 weeks. A few days after dosing NoPoX, red smile (cyano) broke out and the dynos/diatoms are still there.

My nitrates have been at 0 for 2 weeks (started at 5) and my phosphate are 0.2 (started at 3.0). I do a 13.5% water change every 2 weeks. Any recommendations?

I have a 25 year old marine tank (75 gallon) that looks worse today than it ever has. I have either Dinos (Dinoflagellates) or Diatoms, a rust-colored algae for at least 6 months. I run Chemi-pure Blue in my canister filter and I run high density GFO (3 oz) in a reactor. I dosed a bottle of Vibrant and that did not help. I have been dosing 4 mL of NoPoX every day for the last 4 weeks. A few days after dosing NoPoX, red smile (cyano) broke out and the dynos/diatoms are still there.

My nitrates have been at 0 for 2 weeks (started at 5) and my phosphate are 0.2 (started at 3.0). I do a 13.5% water change every 2 weeks. Any recommendations?
Siphone out the dino.. dose different strains of bacteria. And I believe black out tank for few days helps too.

Stop carbon dose.. increase nitrate and phosphate.. od nopox migh be the cause of cyanobacteria.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back