one and a half months growth

heller792

Just talking today about a coral that seems to be growing fast so i thought i would post pics to compare.

heres about 15th june, its the coral at the back (green with blue tips)
acrojune.jpg

And heres today
Picture003-5.jpg

Picture004-5.jpg

I love it when things start to come together.

Dave

Great growth... :thumbsup: Which stag is that?

Want to share a bit more about your system???

its only a young tank at the moment but i will put some pics on after work. Thanks for all the comments

Dave

just looked at some more pics from June and i have to say the difference has surprised me. I never thought they were growing so it just goes to show the importance of pics.

June
stag.jpg

Today
Picture006-6.jpg

June
june09.jpg

Today
3809.jpg

Thanks for looking, Dave

Tank shot like i said it needs to grow out now.
Picture001-6.jpg

Why not? In the first pictures there all incrusted so now there starting to grow. Mine are growing just about as fast. About 3/4ths an inch a month on some.

mr anderson, why would i lie. Just thought i would post some pics of my growth and the colour hasnt changed its just the growth that has made me a happy man. The june pics are taken with the halides on the now pics are taken with 3 ATI actinics and 1 ATI pro colour.

Dave

Not that i need to explain myself mr anderson but not everything in the tank is growing like this here are the more slower corals over the same period.

june
Picture009-5.jpg

today
Picture018-3.jpg

june
Picture004-6.jpg

Today
Picture006-7.jpg

june, blue coral at front
Picture001-7.jpg

today
Picture017-2.jpg

june
Picture006-8.jpg

today
Picture019-3.jpg

Dave

Beautiful tank! I really like the montis - they form a really cool "shelf" across the middle of the rockwork.

I know how you feel - I finally stumbled across something that's working for my tank and I couldn't be happier!

Congratulations on your corals. (Hmmm.... something about the sandbed....come to think of it, I just added sand back into my system...)

Jon

Very nice!

I call BS. there is no way your corals can make that kind of turn-around in 6 weeks.

I had a very similar stag in my old 180. It grew to the size of a basketball in under a year.

whats GSP? Jonathan76 my growth was so slow and the acros were doing nothing. I was also battling with nitrate of 50-70 so i added a dsb in the main tank and within 2 weeks nitrates were zero and they have never moved since, best thing is the dsb is made of mostly play sand so a very cheap to do.

Dave

yup. I'm done with the BB thing - tried to make it work for years. I ain't speaking for anyone else, but for me, trying to emulate what SunnyX is doing with his tank is finally working for me.

Well, cool, heller - can't wait to see a couple more months of growth!

Jon

nice growth, how do you maintain cal/ alk? do you feed anything special? or dose anything special?

GSP is the green stuff behind your blue acro/ careful it will sting your sps corals if it gets to close and its hard to get rid of.

I have always maintained cal with a deltec kalk stirrer but lastweek i added a v2react600 calcium reactor and a controller. I now run the kalk stirrer in the night as my ph swing is quite high and ren the reactor in daylight hours. I control the reactor by having a switch timer in the controller then the reactor pluged into that. I did this so the reactor would not be sat all night with a low ph dissolving the media.

I will do some pics of the system now as there seems to be alot of interest in it. Thanks to everyone for the good words.

Dave

Back