One MP40w Vortech = WOW, Two = AMAZING...

ZURCSREEF

In Memoriam
Just got them and installed them, best investment I have ever bought for any of my reef tanks... all I can say is.... woooooooooooooww....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14774020#post14774020 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brians4671
though i experimented with every setting ive found reef crest mode priceless.

+1. their night mode is also a very nice feature.

Yes, I am using reef crest with night mode...

They are very comparable to the tunzes, although I feel the only real difference is the appearance.

Tunzes you can create your own pulses / waves, though these have set modes that work perfectly.

Awesome product.

I just got 2 myself. Did you find it easy to program?
Where did you place them? I have them right now about 2" down from the top about center of the side pane.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14774604#post14774604 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Speckled Grouper
I just got 2 myself. Did you find it easy to program?
Where did you place them? I have them right now about 2" down from the top about center of the side pane.

I found them to be very easy to program. I placed them same place, just 2" below the water line, both on one side of the tank at opposite ends.

I really couldn't be happier with them, my corals and fish are throwing me thumbs up...

YEAP THEY GOT THUMBS!

agreed...love mind even though i have to power them down quite a bit. the settings are awesome.

I've been thinking of replacing my powerheads with these as well. I also have the Tunze Wavebox, would i no longer need the wavebox if i get the Vortech? Or can they work in conjunction with them?

If your power goes out often. I would also suggest looking Into getting the battery backup or a ups. Great product and they stand behind it with great service and support.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14777873#post14777873 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ZURCSREEF
Your not going to need the wave box ;)

He might, depends on his inhabitants. At 6000 gals with 2 vortechs and a 230 g tank thats only 26 x turnover. Many recommend closer to 40x turnover FOR SPS. Personally i have 42x turnover and at times feel its not enough, but im anal that way. :p :p

Also agree with Marvin. Battery back up capabilities in a very nice option to have.

Is it just me, or does the "reef crest" mode seem like a constant speed? Short/long pulse seems to be very up and down. I wish I knew if it were working properly.

Any insight?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14784172#post14784172 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by laud
Is it just me, or does the "reef crest" mode seem like a constant speed? Short/long pulse seems to be very up and down. I wish I knew if it were working properly.

Any insight?

I can hear and see thr reef crest mode in action in my tank. Sit there and watch the surface. you will see the random waves it creates.

It's funny you say that. I tried to hear if there were any changes in the motor and was amazed to hear it climbing and falling randomly and at different levels.

Thanks for the reply!

Back