One stand, two tanks

Webmanny

Hi guys,

I currently have a 36 gl bowfront and a 29 gl biocube. The goal is to make one stand/table that can support them both and put a larger sump under it.

I'm not planning on drilling the tanks or anything, but just move from the two separate stands I have today to a single stand using one sump, one skimmer and one everything. I even plan on using one Reefkeeper, Doser, light controller, etc.

I'm looking for ideas for the design. Please let me know what you think.

Manny send me your email I will send you a design that mike hooked me up with for 3 tanks. You might like the design.

Manny send me your email I will send you a design that mike hooked me up with for 3 tanks. You might like the design.

I'm interested too can u forward that to me also.

To early yo text u z but I'm shooting for today at 6 if that time still works for u?

Roger

Roger I have live stock shipment coming in today but going to try for 6. I will let you know once they arrive. I will forward it to you in a few

Hey Z, if you are OK with it, I can post them here for everyone. I just want to make sure you are OK with it first.

Hey all, if you give me your ideas, I can draw something up and see what you like. I am just getting ready to make Z a 2 place stand. I don't have a huge amount of spare time, but willing to bang a few out for folks for just the materials. As long as I don't have to finish (sand and stain). It doesn't take me that long.

Mike

I should also clarify that the goal is to put these tanks side by side. I do like the design that Mike created for one tank above the other and I definitely see the value and the incredible functionality, but for my specific need. I think I am going to go with a traditional tank stand for a larger tank, but just use it for the two tanks side by side.

I will try to upload some drawings that I made yesterday to help you visualize it, but it end up being something like the one below, but I would put a 3/4" panel on top of it to support the two tanks and then skin it and stain it.

I think I've settled for a 55" wide x 24" deep x 51" tall.
Frag-Tank-Stand-2.jpg

Lee,

That is an amazing looking multi-tank stand. This is exactly what I'm looking to make. I love the color on the stain. This is a very clean looking build and I will follow in your footsteps very soon.

By the way, I also appreciate the link for the doors place. This was one thing that worried me for a bit as I have never made doors myself and don't think I can make them myself.

I will start a build thread as soon as I get started. Thanks again.

For everyone that was looking for the design that Z shared with me, you can find it attached. I apologize for the delay.

Attachments

• bigz.pdf
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
Not sure as I didn't design it, but it looks like it should work for 20L, 29R or 30L tanks.

Maybe Z or Mike can chime in with the original design details.

3 29 gallons that were going to tie into display. Top one was to be filled only for qt and not connected to display. Lower one was for refuge and dsb middle was for frag tank. Will do a write up on it once we get closer. Mike is the guru behind the drawings.

Manny thanks for posting. I was going to convert from pdf to jpg then post it. Mike is going to design a double unit instead. Dont want to hijack your thread but do think I should still do the tripple?

Back