OneReef's 120g DreamReef (Part 2)

I took my GFO reactor offline a week or so ago. It did help at lowering my phosphates, but in the process, my SPS suffered. As others will testify, GFO can alter your alkalinity levels. And fluctuating alk levels are bad news to SPS. I lost a few SPS due to this swing. As it always is in the hobby, my best and most rare SPS are the only ones that died. It irritates me that the cool nice stuff dies first, and the common stuff that you can't kill with bleach lives..... :( Anyways, I lost my Red Planet, Pink Lemonade, Red Dragon, and Strawberry Shortcake. Really, my 4 best corals. Everything else is fine. Go figure.......

I thought that I would update with some coral photos that I took yesterday:

acan1_zps9810d5f4.jpg

SSCsps_zps567327e0.jpg

setosa_zpsa248e00d.jpg

montis_zps3c893197.jpg

sunset_zps8e0024ad.jpg

greensps_zpse03a694f.jpg

yellowporites_zps5704fd78.jpg

lps1_zps8ddbc6d9.jpg

sgmonti_zpsc3f39bf7.jpg

playsppe_zpsfd824695.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice photos. And beautiful colour on the corals. What do you feed the fishes and corals?

Can we get a FTP?

Sure, I'll try to take one today. Things are going well. I haven't updated this blog in awhile, but things are on track. Alot of changes over the last month. I took my biopellets offline to see how the tank would respond. I've added a GEO carbon reactor, I bought new Radium halide bulbs, and changed the settings for my calcium reactor to lower the ph set point for the solenoid to put out more Ca. I also changed from Reef Crystals to Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt. Things have taken off and are growing really well now. I'll try to post a pic later.

Very nice photos. And beautiful colour on the corals. What do you feed the fishes and corals?

I feed my fish Instant Ocean Marine Chips flake food some days, and some days I feed frozen mysis and brine. I have some Rod's Food and LRS Frenzy frozen food that I feed every now and then. I used to feed my corals Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast or Rotifers, and sometimes amino acids, but now that I have taken my biopellet reactor offline for testing, I cut out feeding the coral and now just feed the fish. I now rely on fish waste and the occasional Rods or LFS food to supplement the coral.

Back