Only xenia xenia xenia

LoL...Same here! I was able to trade a little of it to a coral farm recently. Ive thought of starting my nano and throwing it in there! I'm liking the idea of the sump too. Going to give that a try instead. Thanks!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd rather have Xenia in my tank than Aptasia. Yes its a burden to some but it really is cool to watch. I had a BC 29 and it was a bush in there and my clowns loved it to host. See my avitar

When i first got into the hobby, I actually paid $20 for a frag. Looking back I laugh about it now.

I got rid of it when I sold my tank and soaked the Live rock in vinegar and bleach and sitting outside in the driveway for a couple of weeks. I will never introduce it to my new tank.

Ya my LFS has it overpriced too, I was always wondering why it was never in the actual coral tanks but spread out in other tanks. Now I know

I get why people hate the stuff but I love it, have a rock covered in it! Just gotta make sure it's it's own island not touching anything other than sand

Xenia

Xenia

It will eventually spread even if its on its own island. I enjoyed having it in my tank for a couple of years. Then I dosed Fluke Tab to get rid of Green Star Polyp and it also killed off all of the Xenia. I knew it would do that, and its a little bitter sweet not having it. I also know it helped with nutrient export.

Crazy! I loved the look of it. Got a bunch for free from the forums once, guy said if you put it on its own island of rock it wont spread. I placed it safely on a rock island, left on deployment for 7 months, came back to half a tank of pulsing xenia. What a freaking nightmare to clean up. Life lesson, no pulsing xenia, no Kenya trees.

Back