onyx clowns

SNAKEMANVET

PREMIUM MEMBER
I got a pair from lfs, they have been togther for about a year,well I purchase them and get them home in a 24ap,they are fighting like cats and dogs. The one getting picked on stays in the upper corner of the tank.Should I remove the clown,or see if she settles down.

How long have they been fighting? Is the guy in the corner beaten up bad? It may be best to put him in a breeding net or critter keeper until they relax a bit.

His fins look ok,it's she constantly runs him when he comes out of the corner.Never thought this would have happen.They were in a 750 gallon display tank,with a large lta.I guess the stress of moving them from a large tank with a host anemone has upset her

Are they close in size?This will make Perc's fight.If you are making a pair from "several" fish the male should be half the size of the female.If they are WC........pray they work it out.

They are wc. They were 1/2'' when he recieved them a year ago.I seen them in the tank on several trips to the store. I am hoping she is just upset.

I have a pair of picassos and my female was beating up my male so bad that i almost gave up and split them up, but after like 4 months they just started to settle down.

It occurred to me last night as my Perc female was flying through the air on her way to the floor that I should ask if your tank is covered. A scared or in my case mad clown can and will jump out. Mine was trying to bite me because I was messing with her BTA. She missed my hand and leaped out of the tank onto the floor. That little perc bites twice as hard as my black O female who is way bigger.

Back