ORCA May 31st meeting recap

Weyrman

Hope you ORCA's don't mind if I start this thread...

I'm sure looking forward to seeing or hearing about what you guys did at your meeting. What was sold and bought. And pics! Gotta have pics!

I'm hoping to make your meeting in September once my move from here is over. I just sold my DT last weekend in getting ready for the move. I have 3 - 55g tanks still with frags and fish in them for sale. Here's a link to my tank sale here in the Phoenix, Arizona area if you're curious. No, I'm not shipping anything. lol

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2412150

When I get to Orlando I'll be looking for a new tank. A previously owned tank that is. Something on the order of 200 - 300 gallons. I have the equipment. Just will need the tank and stand. I have a 100g sump but I'm not sure I'll ship that. So maybe a sump will be needed. If it's just a tank that's available I'll build the stand.

Anyway, I'm excited that you guys have an active club there. :dance:

And I'll look forward to meeting you all. :wavehand:

We had our annual swap meet at one our sponsors "Reefers Direct" last night followed by a presentation on LED technology by Steve from Reefers Direct.

There were great Raffle prizes won including a JBJ 20G rimless with stand which was won by club member Jim and the pair of MACNA 2014 tickets was won by club member Ricardo

Great turnout with BBQ and bouncy castle provided by Reefers Direct

We had our annual swap meet at one our sponsors "Reefers Direct" last night followed by a presentation on LED technology by Steve from Reefers Direct.

There were great Raffle prizes won including a JBJ 20G rimless with stand which was won by club member Jim and the pair of MACNA 2014 tickets was won by club member Ricardo

Great turnout with BBQ and bouncy castle provided by Reefers Direct

Had a great time, so did the kids, store was extremely busy, but that is always good, since we meet several new members as well.
Reefers Direct reallyHAS and awesome collection of rare CORALS

Sounds like a great time. And cool raffle prizes.

I won MACNA 2014 tickets at our club's Coral Farmer's Market raffle last fall. Ricardo, if you want to meet up at MACNA when you get there just PM me for contact info. I'll be there Friday through Sunday.

I had a great time meeting lots of new people. Really welcoming group of reefers!

Two things stick out in my mind from Steve's LED talk: 1) don't use RED LEDs unless you want to grow algae, or in a refugium. And 2) true UV (590 nm) will stop coral growth.

Great meeting everyone!

It was a very good meeting indeed.
and Thanks to Reefers Direct for hosting and the "On Sale".
Very good.

Sounds like a great time. And cool raffle prizes.

I won MACNA 2014 tickets at our club's Coral Farmer's Market raffle last fall. Ricardo, if you want to meet up at MACNA when you get there just PM me for contact info. I'll be there Friday through Sunday.

will do buudy

I had a great time meeting lots of new people. Really welcoming group of reefers!

Two things stick out in my mind from Steve's LED talk: 1) don't use RED LEDs unless you want to grow algae, or in a refugium. And 2) true UV (590 nm) will stop coral growth.

Great meeting everyone!
One correction, true UV according to Steve is 390.

Back