Order A2651673

Craig Lambert

Premium Member
Hello,

My entire 3 year old tank (which I'm very happy with) is stocked entirely from DFS. I have not added anything to my tank for quite some time and I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the results of one of my two recent orders.

I understand that you fill orders with what is available on the "ship date" rather than the order date. (If I ran your business I would adhere to the same policy).

Here is the problem. The referenced order number was filled with a partial shipment. I have checked your Website daily for the past 12 days and my backorder has been listed as "IN-STOCK" on 4 of the past 12 days. It is inexcusable that you offer product for sale to anyone placing a new order without first filling your back orders!! That is a policy which will lose customers. (At least myself....and I have spent a small fortune with your company).
My back order was ignored!!! This morning my backorder was listed once again as "In Stock." At 9:54 AM pacific time today I sent an e-mail asking if my back order would be filled today as it is listed as "In-Stock. I did not receive a response until 6:39 PM Pacific....(an automated e-mail long after you were closed) which said the following

Thank you for your email. We sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping of the specimen from your order. Our Website may show this live specimen as being in stock, however, at the time we attempted to fill your order, the specimen was no longer available. It is the policy of Drs. Foster & Smith LiveAquaria to hold an order open for two weeks in an attempt to ship out the specimen on your order. If there are certain dates that you cannot receive the order within the two week time period, please call us at 1-800-334-3699 or 1-888-413-4724. In order for the change to be made, please contact us prior to 9:00 am CST on the date you would like the change to take effect. If the specimens do not become available within this time, we will cancel these specimens from the order. We will contact you via email once your order has been shipped.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If we can be of any additional assistance, feel free to contact our LiveAquaria Department at 1-800-334-3699 or via email at customerservice@liveaquaria.com and we will be happy to answer any question(s) you may have.
Sincerely,

Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith

We hope that you find this information beneficial. We employ some of the best people in the industry and want to be your source for all of your aquatic needs.
Drs. Foster and Smith
spc

....Sorry DFS....This is not acceptable. It is simply not true, as the backorder in question has been listed as "IN-STOCK" on four separate occasions since the order was originally placed. You have no business filling new orders prior to filling back orders. You simply don't want to "eat" the second shipping charge.

Would you like to make this right by shipping the rest of the order? Or should I find a new supplier.

Thank you for your prompt response,

Craig Lambert

Dear Craig Lambert,

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent order with LiveAquaria.com. We appreciate you as a devoted customer and apologize for any inconvenience this backorder has caused you.

There clearly were some errors in filling your order and I assure you this is not typical in how we fill or complete orders. We are working directly with the vendor to ensure your order is of top priority.

At this time, we are waiting to hear back from our supplier, however, it appears that the Midas Blenny is not currently available and the Cleaner Shrimp should be available to ship today. Once we confirm the status of these specimens we will contact you directly with our findings.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and we will continue to strive to make the necessary improvements in our processes and communications with our suppliers so situations such as this do not reoccur.

Sincerely,

Linda T
Supervisor
Drs. Foster & Smith
LiveAquaria.com

Linda,

Thank you for promptly resolving this. I received an order confirmation this morning for the back order, so the wheels are obviously in motion now.

Could you correct one mistake that appears on the order? I have an existing credit on my account that should have been applied to the price but the order shows the full billing amount. Could you have my existing credit subtracted from the total for me?

The new order number generated is: Order Number: A2653173

The comment section reads as follows:

Order Comments:
replacement for miss flagged order# 2651673

Thanks again for resolving this!

Craig

Dear Craig Lambert,

Thank you for responding so quickly. We have corrected the amount and the credit has been applied to the replacement order. To resolve this as quickly as possible, we have made arrangements for the replacement order to be shipped to you from our Wisconsin facility. We will contact you once we have tracking confirmation. Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Linda T
Supervisor
Drs. Foster & Smith
LiveAquaria.com

Craig,

Thank you for your post. We are very happy to hear that you have received the tracking number for this order. Please continue to keep us updated on the progress of this order, so that we may ensure your complete satisfaction.

Sandy C.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Just a final note of thanks to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for resolving this matter so quickly. The order arrived on Friday and all went well. The new additions are doing great!

Craig,

Thank you for your post. We are very happy to hear that the new items are doing well and hope that they will continue to be wonderful additions to your aquarium for years to come. Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this order.

Sandy C.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Back