Osmolator Nano Stopped Working

ronl

Premium Member
Roger,

My Osmolator Nano 3152 stopped working recently. It's 4 years old and replaced one that died after 3 1/2 years.

I cleaned the float sensor and it moves freely. No siphon issues or run time issues or air in the pump.

When I unplug it for a minute and plug it back in, it pumps water for half a second then stops. No other noises or pulsing. Just that quick bit of water then it stops.

Any ideas on where the problem lies? Pump or controller?

Thanks,
Ron

This behavior would generally indicate a bad pump, the pump may work, but since it needs more than 900mA, the controller detects an overload and promptly shuts it off. 4 years is a pretty good life for that pump, they usually last 2-3 years.

Yes, and if you have one you can borrow to test before you buy a new pump, that would be worth doing.

I don’t know of any to borrow, so I ordered a new pump today. I’ll provide an update once I receive it to confirm if that was the problem.

Roger,

I am running into the same issue again with my Osmolator Nano. It worked great again for a couple months after replacing the pump in December. But today I noticed the sump water level was low, so I unplugged the Nano for a minute and plugged it back in and the pump ran for about 15-20 seconds then shut off. Repeating that process resulted in shorter run times each time until it got down to about half a second like in December.

Any thoughts on the issue with my Nano?

Thanks,
Ron

Likely the issue is software related, if this controller was made before Feb 2017, the setting for pump power was lower than now, pumps made since late 2016 have a new motor that needs more power, if you send me the controller, I can update the software so it will deliver more power to the pump instead of detecting an overload and shutting down the pump.

Thanks Roger. I did some digging to find some rigor communications. When I had an issue with my first Nano a little over 4 years ago, I mailed the controller and pump to you on 9/20/2016 for diagnosis. I don’t remember exactly what you said, but I thought you had mentioned something similar about changes that were made to the controller. That controller was 3 1/2 years old at the time, so purchased early 2013. Based on our discussion, I ordered a complete new Nano through you on 9/23/2016 due to the changes.

You mention above that changes were made to controllers in Feb 2017. Is this in addition to other changes that you might have mentioned to me in Sept 2016 (if I am remembering correctly)?

Thanks,
Ron

I think for sure if I update the software, the current pump will work. Send it in to me, just include your return address in the box. I dont charge for this type of repair.

Thanks Roger. So do you just need the little controller cube, which looks like it will include the gray cord with float valve on the end and the black cord with the wire connectors on the end? No need for the pump and pump cord or power supply/power cord?

Please remind me of the address to send it to and I will try to get it out to you in the next week or so.

Ironically, it seems to be working fine for the last 24 hours. I unplugged it yesterday for about 5 minutes whereas before I was unplugging it for about a minute each time.

Thanks,
Ron

Yes, just that part.

A problem like this tends to come back, it has to do with the pump being right at the limit of what the software detects as a bad pump and cuts power to.

Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:
Back