Osmolator Universal 3155

tcollins

Hi,

Had my top off unit for probably over 2 years, has worked flawlessly. Tuesday night, I heard a noise and my water level was down, checked the controller and it was showing green. I've cleaned the optical sensor twice with vinegar and it's still not reading a low water level.

Rest of the controller is working fine, high level alarm works when I pull it up by hand. When I uplug the unit and plug it back in I get the water flow but when it stops, it shows green again even though the sendor is out of water.

So I'm guessing it's either the sensor itself or the controller. I'll check to see the specific date I bought it to see if it's still under warranty. If not, is this something you can fix or do I need to buy a new unit? Going out of county in less than two weeks, so I'm hoping for a quick reply.

Thanks,

tcollins

I would first try soaking the optic sensor in vinegar for 3-4 hours. The usual culprit is a calcium film. If that does not solve it, send it in, if you send it Priority mail today, I should have it on Thursday at the latest, I would ship it out Friday repaired or replaced and you should have it next Thursday at the latest (UPS). Include a note with the return address and phone number and your receipt if available.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Roger,

Thanks for the quick reply, problem averted in that I've got a tank sitter who will add water until I get back. Will be in touch when I get in-country.

Thanks,

tcollins

Back