OT: Another Wireless question

Im Lon 2

Premium Member
Well I had everything running great at the other house on the wireless network. Now in the move I moved the PC to the basement where I do not get that good of connection. So I hooked up the Modem and Wireless up Stairs so I get a better connection on the lap top.

So What I need now is a wireless card for the PC. For the most part only the kids play on the Internet, but from time to time we need to Print things off from the laptop and the printer is older and will not connect to the laptop.

What is a good Card to go with? It is a new PC so the newer cards will work just need to know what kind.

i'm guessing your stuck with charter huh att dsl comes with router and usb connectors, i have a laptop with built in wireless and 2 desktop's my wifes and my own both have usb wireless connectors made by Dlink for 2wire modems i bought newer models from att website but i would just go to best buy and and pick what is compatible with your router. Plus there is a port to hook up a wireless network printer so multiple computers can send print jobs to a printer in network, Best buy has it all i'm getting ready to buy one myself i have 2 printer hooked up on for digital pics and others for printing, scanning, copying.

i would go with usb if you want my opinion, for best prices check tigerdirect.com or newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com i have bought things form all three and have had good service.

Need for PC

I knew that one had ended Just liked the price and didn't know if it would work. So I decided I should ask around before buying.

i'm gonna buy one of those wireless print servers so i can print from anywhere in house on laptop or from any other computer on network.

you said you had newer computer so it will be compatible, what kind do you have hp, dell, gateway, emachine and when did you get it.

mine is 2 to 3 years old also it is a dimension 4600 2.6gh pentium 4 with a gig of ram and i'm using a newer style usb connector

I just went down and looked at it.. Wow got it in Oct 2002 pentium 4 - 1.8ghz - 256ram, but it does have USB 2.0 in the System hardware. so I guess I should be fine.

dang, man you need some ram, stick a gig of ram in there you'll be set a little while longer. You will be good to go good luck. we just got a dimension b510 3.0 p4 with 17" lcd 160 gig hard drive, and 1 gig of ram, of course its my wife's but mine still quick i got better graphics card in mine

cable the router to the Desktop it ain't goin anywhere unless you do not want to drill holes and feed cable thru the house. If you are worried about making up the cable give me a ring. It's easy :thumbsup:

Back