[OT] Asking a favor for a friend...

larryl

Premium Member
Hi Everyone -

A few days ago a very good friend of mine and my girlfriend had a massive heart attack (a couple of them, actually). He's doing ok, but he's facing a huge hospital bill.

His name is Devan, I know you don't know him from Adam (some of you may not know me from Adam either) but trust me when I say he's a truly good and generous person in every sense. He would never ask for anything for himself, so we set up a website to help raise money to cover some of his medical expenses, in hopes of bringing some good back his way.

I'm hoping you can do a couple things for me:

1) Check out www.DevanFund.org and consider making a small donation or buying an item in one of the shops we set up.

2) Forward this message and/or the website URL to your own email contacts, ask them to consider making a donation, and in turn to forward to their contacts.

Our hope is to see a lot of small donations add up to something big that will really help him out.

Thanks,
Larry

I hope your friend gets better soon. Jodi and I have made a small donation, and will forward your site to friends and family.

God Bless

Larry,

Devan is very lucky to have friends like you and your girlfriend!

PayPal sent and website forwarded,

Luis

Thanks so much to everyone who has sent well-wishes and/or made donations. You guys rock!

To answer a few questions that have come up:

1) Devan is home now and doing ok. He's pretty sore, a lot of that is from the car crash (he was driving at the time of the first heart attack and totalled his car, luckily nobody else was hurt).

2) Yes, you can use a credit card to make an online donation (not just PayPal).

3) There is an address on the website where you can mail a check directly to the bank if you'd rather do that.

If you haven't already, please consider sending an email to your friends asking them to visit www.DevanFund.org and to pass the word along - the more friends-of-friends we can reach the better.

Thanks again,
Larry

Its these events that bring focus to life.

Our prayers are with the family and thanks for doing this Larry.

Kip

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6824960#post6824960 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ktani
Its these events that bring focus to life.

No kidding, it's been quite a reality check. This came totally out of the blue - he's only 55, no history of problems, no high blood pressure, no high cholesteral, etc. The doctors told him that if he hadn't crashed his car during the first heart attack, which is why he was already in the ER at the time of the second heart attack, he'd be dead.

Take time to appreciate each day and the people around you!

Larry

Back