OT- but seriously!

Dude, if you want to see something sickening about liars.. err lawyers... go look up what case got ex-vice presidential candidate John Edwards famous... and how he basically argued a lie... and won... and was later found to be wrong... and didn't give back all the money his clients (and he) won... and ended up causing more harm, lawsuits, malpractice, and general negativity than was originally there.... Just makes me angry thinking about those effin ambulance chasers...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9876549#post9876549 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REDDAWG43
LOL....ok I did not know that about John Edwards.
Guess I'll never vote for him.
Mel John Edwards made all of his money- LOTS of it by being an effin ambulance chaser!
:D

Okay, ambluance chaser, fine. The only thing that really bothered me about the whole thing is "blaming doctors for delivering babies with cerebral palsy." It created a big scare after his lawsuit where doctors wouldn't even consider natural birth (contractions), and instead they made many women go through dangerous C-sections instead, where anesthesia (sorry gasman) could be dangerous to the woman, it also left big scars, and left just as many newborn babies with Cerebral Palsy since it was completely unrelated to the birthing method. His argument consisted of him curling up into a ball on the courtroom floor, pretending to be a birthing fetus, then he went on to describe in detail how he wasn't able to breathe air, and suddenly cerebral palsy was developing in him. He made a big theatrical production out of it. Some might say that he makes a better actor than lawyer. So the point was that like 6 months later, they found out that natural birth and cerebral palsy had no link with each other.

that guy is a idiot tell him to go F*ck him self . That what manny Poeple do in this country take advantage of there constitutional Rights. That guy should be ashamed of him self for try to sue for that amout of money. !!Quote "Move ahead to 2005, when Pearson got a new job as a judge. He needed to wear a suit to work every day. He dug out his five Hickey Freeman suits and found them to be "uncomfortably tight." He asked Custom to let the waists out two or three inches. Worried that he might be up against his Visa card limit, he took the suits in for alterations one or two at a time.

According to a statement filed by both parties in the lawsuit, Pearson dropped off one pair of pants May 3 so he could wear them to his new job May 6. But on May 5, the pants weren't ready. Soo Chung promised them for early the next morning, but when Pearson arrived, the pants weren't there." THIS GUY SHOULD SHOOT HIM SELF FOR THE FOOLISH NESS HE HAS STARTED

AND THE fACT IS THAT HE IS A LAWYER AND A JUDGE. wHAT A F*CKING DUMB ***. i HATE LAYWERS THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE LAW TO GET WHAT THEY WANT

Dude, some people in this country are painfully abusive of their "rights." Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people (cough cough, GWB cough cough) who also try to limit our rights (wiretapping, etc), so I suppose that in only the sickest way possible, there is a sort of natural balance.

BTW, the pants thing.... If he weren't so legally high up in the food chain, then it would probably be easier for that family to just kill him. Seriously... Like make it look like manslaughter... with the right lawyer... and you serve 3 years... and don't have to pay some frivolous $65mil lawsuit that the family being charged can only pay something in the neighborhood of $200k maybe?. Call me a cynic...

OK....ReefWreak, I've learned a few things from you today.
(Mental note > never seriously **** off ReefWreak, you just might find yourself as the corpse in a man slaughter case)

Oh I'm a nice guy. I just can see the power that money holds (corrupts). I think that in a lot of situations today it's messed up for people to use money as a tool like they do. Suing some small chinese laundromat for $65million is much more harmful to those who own the store than say smashing in a $65 window or something that people would have/could have done back in the 30s. I know society has progressed, in a positive direction, but what I'm saying is that a lot of people with money abuse it, just like mobsters/gangsters abuse the right of having a gun.

::shrug:: I'm really not a violent person.

Back