OT: Gear Head Update

The LSJ is almost perfect square. I would have to check my specs but I beleive its difference of something like .015" with the bore being bigger.

You bringing that beast over to funfest, U4ick?

I've been to funfest a few years, but doubt I'll be going this year.

Got the car back today as good as it's gonna get for the moment.
Looks like the stock fuel pump can't deliver enough fuel. At about 5600 it starts to drop and by 6k its down to 50psi (runs at 60), it doesn't drop any lower than that but the car definitively wants more fuel at 6k with only 17 degrees of timing it made 490rwhp....said we just might see 525-550 when things get strait. Was able to give more timing in the mid range though, hit 484tq at 4500, said cam doesn't start to fall of till about 5600 or so. So this thing should be a beast when I get the TB issue and fuel issues worked out.

I was able to get on it some and wow she pulls very hard in 2nd :dance: felt like the entire 2nd gear was trying to pull the front wheels off the ground ..... while spinning the tires... lol

Looks like the stock fuel pump can't deliver enough fuel. At about 5600 it starts to drop and by 6k its down to 50psi (runs at 60), it doesn't drop any lower than that but the car definitively wants more fuel at 6k with only 17 degrees of timing it made 490rwhp....said we just might see 525-550 when things get strait. Was able to give more timing in the mid range though, hit 484tq at 4500, said cam doesn't start to fall of till about 5600 or so. So this thing should be a beast when I get the TB issue and fuel issues worked out.

I was able to get on it some and wow she pulls very hard in 2nd :dance: felt like the entire 2nd gear was trying to pull the front wheels off the ground ..... while spinning the tires... lol

Such an awesome feeling haha

Well if you plan on making it over this way anytime let me know, you're welcome to stop by and have a drink, a burger, braut, whatever. I've built a couple lsx motors and I have a close friend that tunes them. I also used to work for Mid America and still have a few friends there. Unfortunately I've gone to the dark side :strooper: and I'm about done building a 79 ford 4x4 now. I also build and play with atv's and dirt bikes, got too many of them at the moment.

Freddie, the two biggest problems with the new Camaros are weight and gearing. With the final drive they were trying to avoid the gas guzzler tax. Give it a but load of gear and it will wake it up more than any other single mod.

Throw a ZL1 fuel pump on it. The HP limit on the stock LS3 fuel pump is somewhere near 550-600 (with proper tune).

And yes, LT's are a very good HP/TQ gain on LS3's. Im running LT's, CAI, and tune see near 80HP gains 419 HP / 420 TQ.

Nice. I've heard of quite a few guys running the ZL1 pump for boosted motors. Should be able to handle it.

Good stuff I said 485 but not thinking its a 6speed car so 525 is reasonable. My ls1 with afr 205 heads pbj custom cam fast 90 90 American racing longtubes and Joe tuning it did 437 through a strange 12bolt built auto with a yank SS4000 stall and 612 on spray. Through a 10 bolt and 6speed probably would of made 470ish on motor.

Back