OT: PHYSICS QUESTION please help sfsuphysics =)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14175169#post14175169 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gomer
this thread makes me giggle like a little school girl.

So.... you're giggling like normal? Sweetie?

I have a dedicated server which I build my self with Suse 10.3. Server is behind a physical firewall with custom IP subnet/range and a firewall within the OS itself. The server is webserver, gameserver, and dnsserver. I also wanted to create a nameserver that will resolve in the world wide web as non-authoritative , this way, anytime someone wants to reach a domain name hosted by a third party, they will reach/use my nameserver i configured in my own dnsserver. My ISP provides a dynamic IP address with a lease of a minimum of 6 months. When the external dynamic IP change, it can easily be re-configured from the third party domain hoster, so that's not a problem. My problem is the communication of my dns server to the outside internet. I have created a zone file for the domain name, a forward.zone, and reverse.zone files. If I do nslookup from my other machine behind the firewall, I am able to resolve all names without any problem, but when I try to resolve my domain name (external domain name) outside the firewall, the forward.zone does not work (i.e. domainname.com). Keep in my when trying to reach the website using external IP address is working.

oh sweet! Do I get to start talking about propagating optical modes in a resonant cavity? It'll be hot and sexy! That LP00 Gaussian has some nice curves....but the lobes of the LP01....just want to caress them all night.

Dont make me start talking about wine!!!!!

I have total respect for people who have the ability to remember all those formulas and equations. Tyler + Numbers = never a good thing.

tyler

:lol: Boring. You took the fun out of a physic thread ...

I left physic class in San Jose State over 10 years ago, so it's all new to me again. I left IT server crap yesterday, and want it left there. :D

Back