OT: question for surveyor

discotu

Discotu
Hi all, sorry for the OT question...I am trying to add a chain link fence to my backyard to help keep the coyotes out of my yard and HOA is giving me a hard time about my measurements. I don't want to fork out $3-5k for a professional survey...I just need to know where my front property corners start. If someone knows where to look or who to ask that would be appreciated. This is what I know:
1- I have the lengths of both sides of my property from my city parcel map.
2- I assume the property line is colinear with my shared walls with neighbors
3- I see two distinct survey markers on the sidewalk as indicated by the yellow circles
4- I have the property overlay per https://maps.santa-clarita.com/portal/home/

What I need to know is where my two back yard corners are (light blue circles). To determine this all I need to know is where the initial reference point is.

Do I measure from the survey marker at the curb, or inside edge of sidewalk where it touches my lawn? I also noticed that the property boundary overlay in dark red wasn't aligned with the sat image so the front property line cuts through my driveway and lawn. A contractor friend told me that it COULD be possible if the street easement extends that far in...which would be beneficial to me since it'll give me more room in the back.

Any help would be appreciated! Free frags for help ;)

thanks
Brian

property.jpg

Back