Owners Thread: Innovative Marine Fusion 40

DIY Stand for Nuvo 40

So I was pretty concerned about not being able to get to the back of this all in one tank to clean. Being that it's a cube and still only about 40 gallons I thought I might be able to make something that would move away from that wall. So I copied the size and shape of the stock stand and beefed it up quite a bit. I finally decided to place the stand on two sets of refrigerator rollers. Here's some pics
Rolls with one hand
JV
0b0aa310a6851207ea2d2da5ec21a8e8.jpg
086bb2106f5f84ecdd53dabb4c9435de.jpg
763fb97e611a158fd656163f997affd3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Got my Nuvo Fusion 40 setup complete and cycling started a couple of weeks ago. Here's what I went with:

Ecotech Marine Radion XR15W PRO GEN 4 w/ diffuser (so glad I went with the 15 instead of 30)
IM NUVOSKIM Skimmer -- quiet and no microbubbles
Ecotech Marine MP10QD
Tunze 3155 ATO
Custom Caddy (not using yet)
15 lb. dry reef save rock
10 lb. live rock
ARIBSEA ARAG-ALIVE Special sand
Custom built stand

Very happy with everything so far!

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

Got my Nuvo Fusion 40 setup complete and cycling started a couple of weeks ago. Here's what I went with:

Ecotech Marine Radion XR15W PRO GEN 4 w/ diffuser (so glad I went with the 15 instead of 30)
IM NUVOSKIM Skimmer -- quiet and no microbubbles
Ecotech Marine MP10QD
Tunze 3155 ATO
Custom Caddy (not using yet)
15 lb. dry reef save rock
10 lb. live rock
ARIBSEA ARAG-ALIVE Special sand
Custom built stand

Very happy with everything so far!

View attachment 399933

View attachment 399934

Welcome to the IM 40 family.

Take a look at the IM mughtjet return pump.. I like this pump a lot. I changed MP10 tho Ice cap 1K.

really like stand a lot.

For those of you who use the filter socks that came with the system (I'm using one of them), how are you cleaning them?

For those of you who use the filter socks that came with the system (I'm using one of them), how are you cleaning them?

I stoped and went with thier purity products. they say washing machine will clean them, I had issues where the black supports broke. I then went with soacking them in a Bleach RO/DI for 24 hours or So. Then a nother fresh RO/DI water with Alpha (aqua vitro line) It removes bleach and other stuff. I know there are other products out there that do same thing.

hope this helps

Really nice tank! Love how full of life it is and the GSP on the back wall. I need to get my GSP to start growing there as well. Did you just start it on the sand in the back and it worked its way up?
Thank you, I used CorAffix to stick GSP to back wall. And it starts to grow pretty fast. Important is to pay attention on your live rock, because GSP is growing really fast and can easy become only one coral in you aquarium.

Odesláno z mého SM-G973F pomocí Tapatalk

I just upgraded from the Nuvo Fusion 20 to the Nuvo Fusion 40. I see many are putting the Tunze 9004 on the outer chamber. My question is how loud is the water with the skimmer being right where the water enters the rear chamber? Right now I have the caddy on one side the filter sock on the other. The caddy is quiet but the filter sock is loud as can be. I am trying to determine what to do with the rear chambers but I want it to be quiet. The tank is in my office and I work from home a good bit. I can't deal with the waterfall noise!

Been awhile, bringing it back from the dead.

For those using power heads with cords in tank, are you using the supplied tank cover and if so what did you end up doing to make the lid fit with the power cords? Pics would be nice if you.got them.

Im still debating on which power heads I want to buy. I have used jebao's for years without a single failure, but am thinking about getting an MP-10... just dont want to spend $600 on 2 of them. Cant really afford that right now. Never had a vortech power head before, will 1 be enough for mixed SPS tank?

It's still alive just needed some new blood. You have an amazing tank and it's inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent shots Sleep. I need to set my 40 up. It's still in the box since my Spring Break forever move last year.

Back