Painting the Bottom Glass on a BB?

lotsofgallons

In Memoriam
im going BB with my new tank and was thinking about how i can take advantage of the nothingness. i know people have put starboard and such under their rock, but that stuff is expensive!

has anyone ever painted the bottom of the glass (outside of course)? any pics? i will be painting the back pane on the tank black, so i was thinking black for the bottom too..or sand color. opinions? pics?

also, what type of paint do you use on glass? lowe's didnt have anything...

to keep light from shining into my sump below I just taped black posterboard to the bottom, on the outside of course ;)

I have painted the bottom glass (outside) but this still leaves the glass somewhat vulnerable, hence the use of starboard.

Re: Painting the Bottom Glass on a BB?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9301286#post9301286 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lotsofgallons
im going BB with my new tank and was thinking about how i can take advantage of the nothingness. i know people have put starboard and such under their rock, but that stuff is expensive!

has anyone ever painted the bottom of the glass (outside of course)? any pics? i will be painting the back pane on the tank black, so i was thinking black for the bottom too..or sand color. opinions? pics?

also, what type of paint do you use on glass? lowe's didnt have anything...

My starboard was 120$ and in this hobby that's a drop in the bucket really.

Back