Pajama/Spotted Cardinal Fish

EvMiBo

VictoriaConcordiaCrescit
Do you think 2 of them would hangout with each other / school in a 55g?

I would like to add those 2 first..
Then,
2 true percs
1 sixline wrasse
then maybe 1 flame angel.

These guys (pajamas) are so goofy looking, when I first saw them I didn't like them but now I think they're great.

Hang being the appropriate word, yes. They don't actually move, you could probably achieve the same look by using fake ones. Just add them together at the same time.

I have one of these guys. I thought I could add three Bangai's later...bad move. The PJ killed them all by using ESP, or the Death Glare...something. He never moves, he just stared at them, until one by one they died. Very bizarre.

jds

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13929261#post13929261 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bureau13
Hang being the appropriate word, yes. They don't actually move, you could probably achieve the same look by using fake ones. Just add them together at the same time.

I have one of these guys. I thought I could add three Bangai's later...bad move. The PJ killed them all by using ESP, or the Death Glare...something. He never moves, he just stared at them, until one by one they died. Very bizarre.

jds

Well said. Totally "deer in headlights". I have 3, and the open their mouths and let the food flow into it, then close their mouths. Its almost ridiculous.

Don't go with a six line. Get some other reef safe wrasse that is much less aggressive. My six line just destroyed a pj bigger than him. In one night no less.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13931047#post13931047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KyleP
Don't go with a six line. Get some other reef safe wrasse that is much less aggressive. My six line just destroyed a pj bigger than him. In one night no less.

really? i've heard they can be aggressive but not too bad usually.

do you think he'll still be an *** if I get a smaller one (~1" - 1.5") and add him in after the pj's ?

I've got 4 in my 210... in fact they are the only fish in there still. Hope to fix that this weekend. for the first week or so they kinda hung out in the corner, but now they wander about quite a bit... all over the place at feeding time..

Mine was 1 inch when I got him, maybe 1 1/2 now, and killed a 3 inch gramma and a pj that was also bigger than him. It is a risk. Read people's other posts on here about them. There is a huge number of poeple that have the same story. Fine at first, mean little peckars after they get comfortable.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13934152#post13934152 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KyleP
Mine was 1 inch when I got him, maybe 1 1/2 now, and killed a 3 inch gramma and a pj that was also bigger than him. It is a risk. Read people's other posts on here about them. There is a huge number of poeple that have the same story. Fine at first, mean little peckars after they get comfortable.

I hear you about the risk. I would still like to try it, and if he does in fact end up being a little ***hole then I'll get rid of him for a different fish, store credit or something like that.

Back